Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you using and how do you like them?

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
I use HIR high beam halogen bulbs, love them.

in the low beams I used to use Sylvania Silverstar's. They were better than stock, but I didnt know what I was missing until I installed an HID/Xenon kit in my low beams...

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
HIR's are some good bulbs have been using them and they are way better than oem here is a link to some info about them

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
dieselman which high beam HIR bulbs do you use? The 9005's or 9011's?

·
Banned
735 Posts
How long do the HIR's last?? I heard that some after market lights only last 6 mos.-1 yr.. Sorry to hijack....I'm just curious.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
i use the 9011 which is the replacement for the 9005

·
Registered
152 Posts
So how long do the Toshiba HIR low beam bulbs (9012) last?
I have read quite a bit about how the Silverstars have had some real short lifetimes but haven't heard about the longivity of the HIRs. Also have heard the HIR are not as 'bright white' as the HIRs.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
I used to get about a year out of SilverStars. I'd be interested in trying the HIRs.

·
Registered
152 Posts
"Also have heard the HIR are not as 'bright white' as the HIRs".... I meant not as white as the Silverstars.
The GE Nighthawks are suppose to be pretty comparable in brightness to the Silverstars but last longer. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Price-wise per pair I believe its roughly: HIR= $65, Silverstars= $40, Nighthawks= $35

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
I would not doubt the GE bulbs would do better. I've always had problems with short lives on Sylvania bulbs, be they for home or auto.
Factory bulbs last for 2 years, and from there on out (since the local stores only seem to sell Sylvania) it's every year or less.

Bulbs come in a 2-pack, I always replace them in pairs because if I don't, the second one will go very soon. I'll keep the old one as a backup.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts