Diesel Place banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have any opinions on what would be the best chip to stack with the ppe hot xcelerator +2 i want tons of smoke and power :ro)

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
i would say that its going to give you as much power as you can get on the highest setting, i dont think the CP3 fuel pump wpuld be able to keep up with the fuel of a stack

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
youre going to have tons of smoke and power just with the PPE. favored stack is usually a programmer and the juice/attitude. without lift pumps and a tranny, the juice/attitude is too much by itself. well, not so much the lift pumps but definately the tranny. update your sig so we know what mods youve done already.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
what I hate about my ppe is that I can only run setting1 because of my tranny and it doesn't let out any smoke. Good power but no smoke. I just bought an edge that I'm gonna stack with it and I'm gonna be upgrading the tranny right off.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
you'll find a lot of guys stacking that program with the VA, many were and some still are. like stated above you wont last long without a built tranny. that kind of power will go through your stocker like isht through a goose. lift pumps are necessary too but definitely play 2nd to the tranny.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
dammit i didnt look up again. just noticed youve got the LB7.

will I ever learn?

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
dammit i didnt look up again. just noticed youve got the LB7.

will I ever learn?
either way he still needs a tranny and lift pumps:lol:

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
What happens w/out lift pumps?Does it fall on it's face?

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
What happens w/out lift pumps?Does it fall on it's face?
i dont think you notice a loss without lift pumps but without them you have a good chance of starving the CP3 which is not good for it at all. the more fuel you can get up there to blow out the exhaust the better:lol:

·
Registered
672 Posts
my brother just got a 2003 LB7, and was looking at chips and stuff. i told him that some guys on this site stack chips, but I never really knew how you do it...? so my question is, if the other chips plug into the harness, do you just buy a programmer, like the PPE or Pred. then program it into the OBD port, ( i understand that it is then not adjustable on the fly, and is hard-wired, so to speak) then when you want even more power, just turn on the chip, like a BullyDog or Edge that is plugged into the harness? i just couldnt find anything on the site about this, or how it works, so just a little info would be cool.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
my brother just got a 2003 LB7, and was looking at chips and stuff. i told him that some guys on this site stack chips, but I never really knew how you do it...? so my question is, if the other chips plug into the harness, do you just buy a programmer, like the PPE or Pred. then program it into the OBD port, ( i understand that it is then not adjustable on the fly, and is hard-wired, so to speak) then when you want even more power, just turn on the chip, like a BullyDog or Edge that is plugged into the harness? i just couldnt find anything on the site about this, or how it works, so just a little info would be cool.
youve basicly got it. One is the harness box, and that one is usually the one that is adjustable on the fly. For instance Ive got the VA 0/90/180 with a 3 position switch. Then, loaded into the OBD port is the PPE which a 4 level tune but which ever tune youve got loaded in, thats the one you run. Unless, obviously, you pull over and reprogram, changing to one of the other 4 tunes.

i think EFILive now had a multi tune switch. So you can change tunes on the fly. it also elimintates the need to stack. but thats a whole other topic.

·
Registered
672 Posts
sweet, i think he'll be holding off on the stack for a while, cuz he just has a shift kit in the tranny.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I'm Runnning Hot/j With Attitude And Duramaximizer

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I thought that PPE's Hot +2ET is pushing 500hp these days? Why would you want or need to stack with it?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Also, there is a report that PPE tuner can kill your ECM - anyone have this problem besides Ben? Just trying to see if this is common or a fluke.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
fluke , never had it happen , and I have loaded many ppe tunes, who knows what Ben did to his ecm and the tuner , playing with efi and all. IT IS NOT A ISSUE AT ALL !!!!!!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Look at my sig, I have never had any problems running my Edge Juice w/ Attitude and PPE hot together.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I think that the only reason that one guy had a problem was that he forgot that the stock tune was still on the PPE programmer, and he tried to install another tune with the PPE still on the computer.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have been running the duramaximizer with my PPE for a while and I am happy with it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts