Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is making the best vhip and pipe setup four the lly. I have a banks dealer in town. How are they? thanks

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Is your truck an 06?

You should make a signature with your truck's info. Year, make, model, trans, any mods you have done, etc.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2006 model no mods yet 6speed alli trans looking for ease o adjustment safty features and warrenty issues!

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
The only programmer out for the 06 models yet is the Bully Dog Power Pup. The best is yet to come. If you up the power you better be ready for trans problems if you hot rod it on the higher settings. As for exhaust, most people go with MBRP systems. It's really just personal preference in looks and how much you want to spend.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
the 06 models just need to be out for a little longer and then you will start to see programmers and boxes out for them just wait for the good ones
:exactly:

The only programmer out for the 06 models yet is the Bully Dog Power Pup. The best is yet to come. If you up the power you better be ready for trans problems if you hot rod it on the higher settings. As for exhaust, most people go with MBRP systems. It's really just personal preference in looks and how much you want to spend.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what kind of trans upgrades are out there and how much power can they handle with the chips also what kind of money are we talking

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
You can build the allison to hold as much power as the duramax can put out. The 6spd is most likely still undergoing developments, but suncoast does have a level 3 and 4 available. As for the most powerful tunes, TTS has the most powerful tunes available for the LB7. I think westers is gaining a pretty good reputation for some of their stuff. You also have harness boxes such as the Edge and Banks stuff. If you are worried about causing damage those two will have the most safegaurds against causing damage to anything. The Edge Juice with Attitude module is an extremely popular box around here. They should be coming out with something later this year, probably late spring early summer. Maybe some of the more knowledgable guys can give some insight as to what else the aftermarket has in store for us.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Josh H is on top of this thread and the info he is giving you is all correct to my knowledge

·
Registered
63 Posts
i got the PPE chip its a 150hp and its ok but dont hot rod it around time at 150 hp all the time or you with put the chip into safe mode, becuase the chip and computer gets way too hot... but i dont know about the bullydog chip (power pup) what iam going to do is just wait for the best to come out SUPERCHIPS and then just got straight with that chip..

·
Registered
345 Posts
Never herd of a chip makin the computer too hot or going in to safe mode :confused:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts