Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a lot of discussion about Allison upgrades from TS, Suncoast and others. Which upgrade is the best value with a regular Juice or hot Juice upgrade? I don't want to go much more than an additional 90 or 120 hp at the rear wheels, so I don't need the upgrade #2 or the full trany replacement.

With either normal or hauling and a ton of additional hp (more than 120 additional), how do you keet EGTs within normal range?

Thanks.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
There are a lot of choices on the market for upgrading the trans, bottom line depends on how much power you are gonna make and how deep your pockets are. For what it sound like you want to do, I think the most economical solution is the Trans GO kit. The kit can be had for less then 450.00 and includes new c2 clutches, if you dont need them, the price would be less. It is advisable to upgrade the conv at that point considering the trans is already out. Its cheaper in the long run to spend the money now, A Trans go kit and performance convertor installed would be less then 2500.00. You are in IL so its not a far drive up to MI for the install either.

Eric

·
Registered
448 Posts
With either normal or hauling and a ton of additional hp (more than 120 additional), how do you keet EGTs within normal range?

You don't, you can't if you use the additional power. How do you do the quote thing here anyway?

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
a64pilot said:

You don't, you can't if you use the additional power. How do you do the quote thing here anyway?

A 4" exhaust really helps to lower the EGT's alot.

The Juice is a great product and so is the Quadzilla Stealth tuner.

Both offer different levels and have advantages over one another.

Read this thread for more info Topic: Juice or Quad

T
NY

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Off topic, but the Quad seems to have a problem with getting the program loaded. I have heard alot of it lately and I am sure that Quad is working on a fix but then again, the juice attitude had some trouble too...

Eric

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dmaxallitech,

How does the Transgo compare to the ATS Copilot and the entry level kit that Suncoast has got? I'm not a mechanic and don't know much about the aftermarket kits. A comparison of the various kits and levels from the major companies should would be nice.

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Were at in IL are you?

Depending on how this season goes I might be doing Eric's suggested upgrade

·
Registered
97 Posts
Just for reference, I've never had an issue using my Quad to program a level (or remove a code for that matter
). Others have reported problems but it would not appear to be a given, just that some have had issues. Of those, I believe most were worked through although granted, one person tried some 3 different boxes before giving up IIRC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts