Diesel Place banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just kinda wandering what your guy's thoughts were on A/T tires.. what the best one is and such.. im planning on a 6 inch pro comp lift with 18 maybe 20 inch rims.. any pics or oppinons on things would be great thanks!

·
Registered
712 Posts
I think the ATZ by Mickey Thompson looks the best but I don't have them yet still waiting for my BFGs to go bye-bye

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
I've run BFG's for as long as I can remember, never tried any other tires, and never had any issues with the BFG at's.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Nitto Terra Grappler's. I had 325/65R18's on my lifted Avalanche and they were the best tire I ever owned. Had over 40K before I sold it and still had over 10K left. Wore great, handled great, and were quiet on the road.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I have a poll going on this. The BFG All-Terrain KO's are winning hands down by a bunch. They have a very good rating over at tirerack.com. Also Goodyear Wrangler Silen Armor, the Firestone Destination A/T and the Pirelli Scorpion ATR.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have stated in few post my favorites. I currently have the Mickey Thompson ATZ and have run the Dick Cepek FC-II. I like both tires but will probably go back to the Dick Cepek when the ATZs wear out because I like the way the wore and they preformed better for me. Good Luck!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm really happy with the BFG's I just bought. They are quite, contrary to popular belief, they have a ton of snow traction, even with the E range tire and if maintaned they have great wear. This is the first E range BFG AT I've ever bought but they look virturally identical to the C and D range tire with only slightly less sipping in the tread blocks. I don't beat on my truck so maybe there are others with varying opinions based on extreme use but IF YOU DONT KEEP UP ON TIRE ROTATION DONT BUY THIS TIRE.

Here are a few pics of my new BFG AT's E range

Attachments

·
Registered
425 Posts
i have 35x13.5x20 pro comp extreme all terrains on my 04 and i love em. i bet the hell out of em and they have still worn great. i have about 20-25K on em so far and they have stood up well to my burnouts and such. good all around traction they are E rated as well for pulling my trailers, cant tell ya much about snow traction cuz i dont get snow to often.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I'm really happy with the BFG's I just bought. They are quite, contrary to popular belief, they have a ton of snow traction, even with the E range tire and if maintaned they have great wear. This is the first E range BFG AT I've ever bought but they look virturally identical to the C and D range tire with only slightly less sipping in the tread blocks. I don't beat on my truck so maybe there are others with varying opinions based on extreme use but IF YOU DONT KEEP UP ON TIRE ROTATION DONT BUY THIS TIRE.

Here are a few pics of my new BFG AT's E range
ya that looks like a lot less siping to me

ive heard a lot of good stuff about toyo open country ats. dont have them though...yet

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
i ran the toyo A/T for some time before i did my lift they were good tires i think a little better the the BFGs that i have had in the past toyos seem to do better in the mud compared to the BFGs

·
Registered
129 Posts
dude go with the dickceepik fun countrys they look realy agressive they are radials and the are super quite for that kind of tire

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
BFG all terrain T/A KO is a great tire, have 265/75/R16s now on 16x8 rims. Have had many friends with this style tire of various sizes on all sorts of rigs, big and small. Have never heard a bad thing. If you are completely off road, there are more aggressive tires out there, but if you are like most of us and want something to get you in and out of the woods, mountains, etc. but also drive on the pavement with them, these are the best I've found. They are aggressive enough for anything I should be doing in a 3/4ton crew cab 4x4 that is pretty much stock.

Also, the 265/75/R16's in the T/A KO are load range D for 3042 lbs at 65 psi. They offer E range for 3415 lbs at 80psi, but they are not M+S rated for mud and snow. I.E. they do not technically qualify as "snow tires" in most states that require "snow tires" on passenger cars/trucks when commercial chain laws are in force for big rigs/buses. However for my rig with a GVWR of about 9200lbs and assuming I ever had it loaded down to that and was pulling a fifth wheel with a 1000 lb hitch load (I would still not be overloading the rear tires in D range of the T/A KO's)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts