Diesel Place banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I am new to diesel trucks, but I am VERY happy with my truck so far.
I have a 2007 GMC Classic CC 2500 4x4.
I was wondering what would be the best components to add on to my truck. I am looking for two factors for these add-ons, truck longevity and better mileage (yes, I have searched the forum for mileage).

Thanks in advance,
Rick

·
Registered
255 Posts
I would say exhaust and some type of programmer

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I would recommend that you just drive the truck for awhile and put some miles on it. As you get familiar with it you will begin to see what needs to be changed or what you want to change.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Put some miles on her before you put any programers to her.Exhaust waould be fine from the git -go.Your gonna need the bigger exhaust for the programer .At least the exhaust will be done.Break out another $500.00

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I tried a Predator by Diablo and saw no MPG gains. I sent it back. I also saw no difference going to a Afe Stage 1 intake. I am currently waiting waiting for my Banks Six Gun to ship, I will see how that does.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Same question,but 06 lbz with 10,000miles. Have about 1500.00 to spend...what should I do first? Cognito levelling kit? Exhaust? Programmer? F/S?
THX.

·
Registered
924 Posts
outlander;1588667; said:
Same question,but 06 lbz with 10,000miles. Have about 1500.00 to spend...what should I do first? Cognito levelling kit? Exhaust? Programmer? F/S?
THX.
exhaust then programer if it were me.that will take care of your $1500.00 or close to it.You may get a little cheaper if you shop around.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I figured that a programmer and exhaust would be recommended but do they really help with fuel economy?

What about add-ons like -
Extra Fuel Filters
Air Intakes
Differential Covers
Extra Deep Transmission covers
Transmission Magnets
Other?

Thanks

·
Registered
924 Posts
the more power you can produce,the less you have to push the truck.Of course its all in driving habits too.The number one killer of eatin diesel is always having your foot to the floor.If you have the power there is no need to push to the floor unless your racing or playing.Just my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
976 Posts
TheJDMan;1588599; said:
I would recommend that you just drive the truck for awhile and put some miles on it. As you get familiar with it you will begin to see what needs to be changed or what you want to change.
X's 2. I did that and realized that there's no need for exhaust and programmers. For everyday driving and modest towing you won't need it and you can buy more fuel and put on more miles.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Exhaust, tires, then change all fluids to synthetic

·
Registered
113 Posts
I would start smoking crack! it might be cheaper? it was exhaust first for me and now i have a long list.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Read my sig. My rule is everything that is supposedly good for the environment is bad for your D-max. Disable emissions first, then make the power that suits you.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Add ons

Rnult13;1588500; said:
Hello All,

I am new to diesel trucks, but I am VERY happy with my truck so far.
I have a 2007 GMC Classic CC 2500 4x4.
I was wondering what would be the best components to add on to my truck. I am looking for two factors for these add-ons, truck longevity and better mileage (yes, I have searched the forum for mileage).

Thanks in advance,
Rick
Do you plan to keep this truck for a long time? As for longevity -Nicktane fuel filter or equivalent & FS2500 by-pass oil filter. Dirty fuel and soot in the oil are killers of diesel engines. Not only do these filters add longevity to the engine and piece of mind, but will save you money in the long run.

·
Registered
31 Posts
4" turbo back exhaust, S&B cold air intake and a diablo predator on economy tune 65 hp. It really helped me alot on my second tank cause the first one i drove it like i stole it showing my friends how fast my truck was. Then i eased up on the throttle and im gettin apprx. 16 to 17 mpgs in town! The total upgrade cost me $900 and some change. get the fs2500 by-pass also.

·
Registered
445 Posts
start with exhaust.. don't waste time on a small tuner if you are wanting a bigger one.. cold air isn't going to do a great deal.. but I would start saving for a good tuner.. and transmission upgrades. but that all depends on what you want out of it.. I say start where you are going to know you need it.. If you are looking big power.. start at putting in new pistons and rods.. if not huge power.. what I put in..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts