Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bent the return nipple on the actual injector when the socket slipped off. I noticed when I tried to put the rubber return line on and there wasn't room for it to fit between the nipple and injector fuel inlet. I bent it back and the fuel line fits now, but there is a small gap visible now at the base of the nipple between it and the injector housing.

Will it leak?

I was also worried about overtightening the injector compression lines from the IP to each injector. Is that a valid concern? They are supposed to be at 20 ft/lbs. I can still see about two to three threads at the base of each IP connector. I'd hate to put it back together and have to pull it all apart again (intake manifold, fuel manager etc..) just because a line leaks

I tightened them almost as tight as I could with a 12-14" 19mm open end wrench.

Thanks for reading

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
CanadianRigger nailed this one with the following, Thanks a bunch:

I'd move that injector to hole #1 or 3 for better access, if its buggered it will be an easy change from there.
:cool:

I am still wondering about the tightness of the lines though.
Gotta worry about something, I guess. Anybody advise that I continue to tighten?

cheers

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
I just snugged mine good with a wrench, never leaked. They seal pretty good, just don't forget one.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I've straightened lots of injector return line nipples without a leak. It's a common problem when changing engines, moving them around, storing them, etc. Stuff gets bent without you knowing it until it's back in the chassis. Should not be a problem unless it's bent back and forth a number of times.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you're right it doesnt leak. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts