Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ordered a belt tensioner from carl black gmc recently to replace my worn one. i gave them all the right information about differnet alternators and so forth and i even gave them the VIN....well i got the part today and the pulley is made of plastic and slightly smaller.....can someone PLEASE tell me if this is right or wrong? i thought it might possibly be and updated part or something but im not sure....and dont wanna put it on and regret it...

thanks in advance!!
kevin

·
Registered
2 Posts
I replaced the tensioner in my '01 last October at 135,000 after it started to chatter. I figured it was easier to replace the old one than pick the pieces of the old one out of the hood. The new one was the exact same size and was not plastic. The part number on the invoice from the GM dealer was 97300857 if that helps. It was not cheap at $93.00. I wouldn't want a plastic one on my truck.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i def. dont have any plans to put that plastic thing on my truck...thanks for the part number ill give that to them and see if they can get it right this time....thanks for the help
kevin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts