Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's noisy as heck and it jumps all over the place.
I am out of the bumper to bumper warr. I would assume this will not be covered by the 5/100 engine warr.
Should an aftermarket bumper to bumper cover this?

It is the upper passenger side tensioner. for a 2001 2500HD 6.6L DMAX/allison
If someone has a part# to use for GMdieseltech.com I would appreciate it

Thanks,
PepperidgeEdited by: pepperidge

·
Registered
747 Posts
It is a common problem for the belt tensioners to go bad. That is what a local tech told me after the third replacement on the wife's '99 blazer. It could also be the belt making the noise, but if it is jumping around a lot, I would guess the belt tensioner or a combination of the belt tensioner going bad and the belt worn out. How many miles on the truck? Original belt and tensioner? I would try to get them to cover the tensioner under the engine warranty. I don't think the belt would be covered under it though(normal wear parts).

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2001 w/ 42k on it, belt looks fine but could be suspect, I'll replace it and see if it stops.

Anyone know wher to get a goodyear belt for our applications?

Thanks,

Pepperidge

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eric,

Yeah, bad info on my part. I thought the last I heard was yall were going to be similar to parts direct but were not up yet? My mistake.

Just let me know. E-mail or PM me. The local Stealer wants $86 + tax

Pepperidge

p.s. I corrected the aboveEdited by: pepperidge

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well,

Eric/DMAXALLITECH never did get back with me on the parts so I ended up buying @GMpartsDirect for $63 part # 97300857 $78 shipped (sorry Eric) The belt I ordered was a Goodyear Gatorback Belt from the 2830mm for the 105amp alt. Part # 4061112 , I got that from pick pro autoparts (a yahoo store-front) for $30 + $5 s&h here is the link.
http://www.pickproparts.com/

Hope this helps you guys out there facing the same problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts