Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
jschmid;1601224; said:
Does anybody have info on a belt driven air compressor I can install on a '04 LLY?
II'm quite certain this exists as I checked it out for my '01 service truck.Go to your local truck body shop and they shoulde able to find one.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
YOu need a york. THey are fairly cheap and can run anything from impacts to spray guns. hemisareslow has my old setup for sale i think.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the leads. I want to use it to refill my tires up to pressure when going back on pavement. I have a Viair that runs off the battery, but it would overheat and shut off after topping off my stock tires and I just put on 315s, so I don't think it's up to the job.

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
what is yorks website or who sells them i have been looking for one

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
that place doesn't have anything for our trucks or am i looking in the wrong place

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I talked to a salesman at Onboardair.com earlier this week, TUes., and he said they will have a product for the duramax in two weeks. They are testing it now. He said the kit would run around $1200. Pretty pricey.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
ya i would say that sucks that is more then i would want to spend it would have to be a complete bolt on no mods to anything and have all the parts needed

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you think that's bad, I just called a VMAC dealer -- $6,726 for parts and $1,350 in labor to install!!!!!

That's ridiculous.

The onboardair.com york kit is supposed to have all the parts and should be just bolt-on.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
for that price you might as well jst do an Airzenith compressor w/ a 5gal tank. the compressor is $299 and a tank is like $45 bucks. that would your best bet imo. i've got 2 of em and i've never had em' kill my battery.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts