Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stock black long bed .... Anyone have part number or know where to get reasonable ??

Cracked,broke mine do to toolbox and pane tank shifting on hard launches ....

Mac
Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
408 Posts
Mackin said:
Stock black long bed .... Anyone have part number or know where to get reasonable ??

Cracked,broke mine do to toolbox and pane tank shifting on hard launches ....

Mac

First Thing I Would Do Is Chain Down Those Dam Things!! Maybe 3/4" Chain

·
Registered
570 Posts
They forgot to put mine on when my truck came in, so I picked them up at the dealer and just happen to have them in sitting in my garage still in the box. I'll get to puting them on one day. Here are the numbers on my invoice;

GM# 12498508

AC Delco# 12498508

Note: GM and AC Delco are the same part number and it's a kit. Oh mine's a 2500HD.

Edited by: Voodoo

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Mac,

I don't think the 2500HD caps will fit your Dooley......

Mine's wider in the middle area than the ends of the caps, that's why I couldn't fiind any stainless caps to fit it.....

You may want to check the part numbers before getting them coming from someone.Edited by: Zeeb

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good point

I'll take a look at the 2500 and see .... But your most likely correct with 3500 having the composite outer shell perhaps ...

Does the "cracked bed" syndrom fall into the 3500 series ?? Maybe warranty,that'll pee of a couple people ....

Gonna take a ride to the dealer later perhaps ... Maybe take a LLY home for the weekend,woop it up ...

Mac

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
I put a Slide Systems rail and box set in my truck just after the first of the year.

http://www.slidesystems.com/Pages/rails.html

Not only a very nice sliding box, but some high-quality extruded aluminum rails (I added the HD front cross rail) that support/protect my bed on three sides and carry the weight of my toolbox and bed cap! Mine is all black powder-coat. I'd give it a look, Mac.Edited by: Idle_Chatter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts