Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I and purchasing a new 2004 2500HD D/A and would like to know if anyone has any thoughts on a moulded bed liner verses a spray in Rhino Hide type liner.

Thanks

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Spray in seeps to be the popular one around here. Line-x and rhino are the favorites.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hey, I am not a Dmax owner but we have had our share of both in trucks. I would say get the spray in if your not being super hard on your truck. I have yet to think it's bad in anyway, hauled lots of odd stuff in ours and looks and works great, it's a line x. Rhino is good too some friends have that and are pleased as well it's really a coin toss for me between Rhino and Line-x, I'd go with the best price to be honist. Hard liners are nice if you drop a lot of stuff in but if you do that get the spray in then put a drop in on top. The best protection out there.

Lenny

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Line-X,

2 years old a still perfect.

Depends on the texture you are lookig for.

LINE-X seems to be a harder type finish, Rhino is more cottage cheese like in my opinion, BOTH are very good though.

T
NY

·
Registered
403 Posts
If you're not going to go with the spray-in.... Duraliner is the best "drop in" liner IMHO.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
If you're not gonna use the bed much and you keep it covered I think the spary-ins look better.

On the otherhand, a couple of my buddies have the spray-in type and they use em. They're stained, scratched and dented just like the bed would be and they look like cr*p. I have always preferred the drop-in because they may wear but they're replaceable and the scracthed and dented spray-in isn't. I replaced the one in my 85 6.2 and it was really trashed but the bed underneath looks like brand new. Now the bed liner looks new too!

FWIW my $0.02

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some really good points. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've had Rhino Liner in two trucks since 1996. Both were sprayed in black, and within a year, they both turned grey. The sun's ultra violet rays are the culprit, and unless you keep it covered (tonno or shell), the black will always turn grey.

Not sure about the Line-X...

So until they come up with a spray that maintains its color, I'll probably stay with a drop-in.

Chris in NC

·
Registered
747 Posts
The Line-X dealer that I always have spray my trucks sells some stuff called JustOnce, IIRC. The stuff works really well at protecting the color of the liner and is great on the dash, door panels, etc. for protection w/o the dust attracting properties of armor all and the like. I believe they have a website. I will check the bottle next time I am at home to be sure and post the info here.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I really like my rhino lining. It is my first spray-in liner. I have hauled firewood, stones, bricks and dirt. I have paid the liner no special attention because I want to see if it will stand up. It seems great so far.

·
Registered
747 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thanks, I may try some - do you use it on the tires on your Scoot?

·
Registered
747 Posts
I have never tried it on my HD's tires. I may have to try it sometime. I have always been leary of trying anything on the tires. As nasty as the scoot is right now, I may have to try it soon. Man that thing needs a good cleaning.
Whenever I get a chance to try it, I will let you know how it works. I can say it does work well on the dash, door panels, and flooring of my new truck and it works really well on the spray in bedliners as well. BTW, I buy the stuff from a friend who has a line-x business and it only costs $12.95 retail. You may want to find it locally instead of ordering over the net and paying shipping + $1 more.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts