Diesel Place banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions out there with regards to spray in bed liners? Rhino, Line-X??? I know there's a few smaller suppliers based on local but I'm looking for the durability of the product overall.

Thanks,

·
Registered
183 Posts
I had the Rhino in my previous truck, and loved it. When I bought the '01, I took a look at Line-X and Permatech as well. Overall, I liked the Line-X the best, and had that put in. The texture of the Line-X is a finer grain, and because it's put on at high temps, it is supposed to be easier to patch if needed down the road. The Line-X also has a much higher tensile strength. The Line-X warranty is nationwide, whereas the Rhino is only by the shop that installs it. With all that being said, the quality of the workmanship of your local shops is key, and you really can't go wrong with any of them as long as the installer is first rate.

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
As it's been said, Rhino and Line-X are both great products. The biggest thing to look out for is weather or not the guy spraying it on knows what he's doing. My Rhino came out great, so a guy I work with got his done at the same place. His looks like crap. The place changed owners and the new guy isn't so good at spraying. So, the best thing to do is check the place out and check out some of their work if you can.

My two cents,
Ox

·
Registered
331 Posts
Go Line X, I had Rhino in my previous truck, it tended to stain more with everyday use. The Line X so far has been wonderful, and very durable

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Speedliner for me. The stuff is like Line-X but it is sprayed at room temp (70-75). Speedliner has a higher tensile strength and can be truely "custom colored" to your truck. The key is it's base and the fact that it's not "cooked" before it's sprayed. One really cool part is, it does not fade or stain. The only drawback is the drying time....3 days. Sometimes the wait is better.

Burner--------->

·
Registered
13 Posts
Line-X, is the best by far

·
Registered
132 Posts
Add me to the Linex list. I went to a dealer to look at a truck that was done at the local linex shop. Looked great. Also saw some 2+/- rear old Rhino jobs. Not so good

·
Registered
238 Posts
Line-X . This thread probably should be moved to Accessories, right Hoot?

JessEdited by: jesshd

·
Registered
251 Posts
I had the Line-X done. Although they did a nice spray job, the idiot that removed and installed the tail gate cable bolts on the bed stipped the threads. I was not happy, because the nut is welded to the chasis behind the tailight lens I had to put a another nut outside the original!

Watch those idiots!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Go Line-X! I went Line-X because they came highly recommended by some local truck cap dealers and the warranty is pretty good. Plus I believe Line-X has the most dealers(near 500) nation wide which means its a little easier to find someone to do repairs if need be. I think you will find the Rhino liners are a little more rubbery and it is more difficult to slide thing in and out of the bed JMO.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Line-X had last one for 4 years. got this one the day I got the truck Pressure wash and looks like new. as far as durable........ ive beat em, scraped em, banged em. they really hold up.

disclaimer: ive never owned a rhino

a frind who had a rhino liner threw a shovel in his bed and took out a 4x6 chunk. ive dropped a skidsteer bucket in mine and other than banging up my slide rail, no dammage.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Its all about the prep work....when the shop does the spray in liner they spend half the day sanding your bed...or at least they should be....the liner spray needs something to stick to and a smooth surface doesn't work....so they sand the heck out of it and sand in around the corners real well. THEN they spary in the liner....which only takes about half hour!!!

·
Registered
626 Posts
I had Linex installed on my truck and love it. I would have them use their measuring tool and read the thickness at a few pionts to make sure you get what you pay for though. The installation is kind of an art and it is very easy to get an un-even covering.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks to all,,

Today I had the Line-X installed and it came out awsome! I'd like to thank those who took the time to respond and provide advice that helped with my decision.

Rick

·
Registered
473 Posts
My 03 has a VORTEX spray in bedliner. Not sure if I would do the VORTEX again. It looks like it will hold up, but it gets a chalkie look to it right away. My son has duraliner and it still looks like new his has been in for 2 1/2 years. When we installed the 5th wheel hitch I did notice the vortex is about 3/16 thick. I just don't like the dull look. Edited by: BIGMoe

1 - 19 of 19 Posts