Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to those who read the accessories forum. But I thought I would get more feed back here.
I am planning on purchasing a roll top bed cover.
I would like to hear you impressions on the Retrax
verses the pace-edwards covers.

Maxed

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just received and installed my Retrax cover today. It is a very nice cover indeed. Installation took about and hour and a half (2 people needed to put cover together and get cover on pickup bed.

I don't have experience with the other covers, but based on my research on this forum, it seems to be the cover of choice with no negative comments noted other than a guy that had trouble with the lock chewing up his cover rail. Based on my review of the lock and the damage he showed in a picture, it appears that his rails were misaligned (too wide/far apart) when closing the lock. Mine works great. Only time will tell how it holds up.

·
Registered
463 Posts
The Retrax is in my future. I have heard nothing but praise for it, and based on what I've seen posted here in the past, its the cat's meow. I have to wait till the credit card cools down a little though.
This site is costing me a fortune!
LOL

KevinEdited by: Fireman

·
Registered
288 Posts
ANYONE HAVE FOLD A COVER ? THIS SEEMS REAL HANDY IF YOU HAVE TRANSFER TANK. DONT KNOW WHAT I WANT TO DO YET. TRUCK HERE SOON.

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
I told my buddy here at work and he got one of the folding style like the GM ones.

He loves it and the ability to put stuff in front of bed and get it easily, he put in the 2X6 across bed to keep the stuff up front.

plus it locks in the front folded position and is easy to take off.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I've had a fold-a-cover for about 8 months. Overall I like it a lot. My only problem is that when it's folded up at the front of the truck it blocks the view of the 5th wheel hitch. It's kind of hard to hook up blind! I've worked around this by propping up the front of the folded cover stack with a piece of wood, and I can see the hitch head under the propped-up cover. It's a PITA but it works. If I had a regular or extended cab, or a higher hitch head, the problem might not exist.

Other than that one thing, I like the cover a lot. It takes a little muscle to fold and unfold it, but besides that it's fast and easy. It's solid and lets in only a small amount of water and only if it's really heavy rain.

Because of the 5th wheel issue if I had it to do over again I'd try a Retrax or similar. Without that issue I highly recommend it and would get it again.

·
Registered
288 Posts
THANKS GUYS, I SEE A FOLD A COVER IN MY FUTURE. LIKE I SAID LOOKS GREAT FOR REFILLING TRANSFER TANK WITH FRONT FOLD BACK. I TOW A TRAILER SO NO 5TH WHEEL PROBLEM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts