Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone try a BD supermax turbo on an LB7 yet. I am looking for real world rear wheel horsepower/torque. I have an '03 sierra, LB7

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
There are a couple around here. You should get some answers shortly.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I know Eric at Merchant Automotive was playing with them late last year. He'll be the guy to talk to.

gmdieseltech.com

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
If you do a search, you will find answers to all your questions...

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
I will have mine on after Eric gets back from FLA , along with the manifold too !!!!!!!!!!!!45lbs here I come !!!!!!

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
I KNEW Chris would pipe in here! You BETTER give me enough heads up so I can be there for the install!!! :lol:

Oh, and pick up Jeff on the way over!

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Keep in mind that you must have tilt steering on your truck if you plan on running this turbo. There is a problem with "wood" interference otherwise:D

I like mine...
I've been hearing all kinds of great things about this turbo.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
mike i think you need one as well, that are two of them stacked

starting on Tysons install tonight, any last minute hints for a easyier install):h

Mechanics are ty, myself, and a cummins runner, maybe a 24 pack of suds

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I love mine also....the sound is awesome!

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Fred let me know how it goes and keep me posted !!!!! you too Tys!!!

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
I KNEW Chris would pipe in here! You BETTER give me enough heads up so I can be there for the install!!! :lol:

Oh, and pick up Jeff on the way over!

I will ,and I had a few adult bevies tonight with Crazy , he was feeling under the weather , kid was sick and he was coming down with it , believe me we will all drink when it goes in:ro)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Keep in mind that you must have tilt steering on your truck if you plan on running this turbo. There is a problem with "wood" interference otherwise:D
:funnypost ):h

·
Registered
79 Posts
How Much $$$$$$

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
they sell for 3k, give me a good offer and its yours...

the removal of the stock turbo should not be taken lightly, this is a ulgy, ulgy job, lots of sweat, blood, swear words, and broken tools to say the least...

almost turns me off the upgrade:mad:

How Much $$$$$$

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
any differences between the bd and the aurora?

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
they sell for 3k, give me a good offer and its yours...

the removal of the stock turbo should not be taken lightly, this is a ulgy, ulgy job, lots of sweat, blood, swear words, and broken tools to say the least...

almost turns me off the upgrade:mad:
Tell me something I don't know):h X5

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Im glad I can drink beer when Eric does mine ,):h ):h :drinking:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
my god juice if i had to do that job 5 times, i can tell you i would have a cummins in the driveway, that is a BS job that gm engineers should only have to do...

my local dealer mechanic told me he had only did the job once... had to take 3 days off work to recover after, his back was pulled out):h

Tell me something I don't know):h X5

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Fred, may bee that would explain all them red dots under my hood after the factory turbo was replaced:eek: ):h ):h ):h Option #1. Bloody arms and a thrown out back , and a weekend visit to the psych ward along with months of physical therapy :rolleyes: . Option #2. drive 2hrs, park truck , start to drink beer , stop take lunch ! return to drinking beer , go to bed wake up to a new race rocket, have per-ma wood all the way home !!!!! it is a hard one .......................................................................................................................................................................................................... :think: ..................:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:........... :think:................... ;) on a small hunch Im gona go with #2, but just barley):h ):h

1 - 20 of 38 Posts