Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there have or tried BD Power's "Intimidator" programmer? Good, bad, ugly?

Have only seen one other reference to it on this website.

Just curious.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
As far as I know they are a rebundled PPE

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I had th BD prgrammer. Put it on the 100hp setting and it pulled like a raped ape. Only thing that concerned me is full throttle it woulfd stay up at 3k and barely drop each shift. No codes but i do think my tranny is toast. I limped it fullt hrottle at 140 km/h. When i do my tranny i am almost thinking about getting it wiht the race tune in it.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
yeah my cousin and i have messed with this tune a lot... the 170 race tune of course.... by itself it pulls decent...stack it with a edge hot juice and watch out...pulls way better and shifts alot better too...it is very smokey stacked with the edge

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for clearing things up.

·
Registered
144 Posts
great programmer have had it on for 6 months it puffs on the launch and it pulls hard I havent ordered the race extreme 170 hp level yet cause I have not upgraded my clutch and flywheel and for those who know about the stock one it wont hold crap! So anyway very happy with it.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
TurboBeagleBuggy,

You're correct same as a PPE with a new label.

Mark @ DPPI
ppe may oem them the case and maybee a version of their tunes but bd is involved in the choosing of it too. you would be surprised as to how many do this

1 - 11 of 11 Posts