Diesel Place banner

Which front end do you like better

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a thread and poll on the 01-02 HDs vs. the '03 Chevy frontend but nothing comparing the Chevy to the updated GMC.

Let's hear everyone's opinion and (wink, wink) no biased opinions (wink, wink)

Edited by: GMC-2002-Dmax

·
Registered
262 Posts
Now if I could only have the GMC grill with Chevy hood and headlights -- I like the Chevy except for the chrome bar that spans the middle of the grill.

The front bumper and fog lights on the GMC looks better as well, but that all needs to be replaced w/ a real bumper anyway...

·
Registered
490 Posts
That Chevy looks like a mad China man coming down the road!

·
Registered
84 Posts
i like the gmc front better but got a better deal on a chevy

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I'm driving a GMC but will admit the Chev looks tough once you put some meats under it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Well lets see.......Chevy, Chevy, Chevy, Chevy !!!!!! Ok. I like the Chevy better

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I like the GMC grill better....I should I own one

But with that being said I think the pics of the Chevy lifted 6" or 8" look *****. The little chevy trucks sitting low to the ground just don't do it for me. Also the Chevy dually looks good...again the new front end with beef!

I am a long time F**d guy and I will say these trucks have grown on me.

·
Registered
291 Posts
y2kboti said:
Hey, Couldn't ya find an HD pic. I know that it serves the purpose of this post but...... This is a new 1500 crew cab short box(68.5" box=143.5" wheel base)

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL Thank you Buck. I am well aware that is the new 1500 Crew Cab. I was too lazy to search the net and all the pictures on the Chevrolet website were in multimedia format.

NoWake200 said:
But with that being said I think the pics of the Chevy lifted 6" or 8" look *****. The little chevy trucks sitting low to the ground just don't do it for me. Also the Chevy dually looks good...again the new front end with beef!
I definitely think the Chevy looks better lifted but we've got 2 GMCs in the family and they look so 'refined'. Tough choice
Edited by: y2kboti

·
Registered
958 Posts
Stock height, definitely the GMC. When they're lifted, the GMC looks classy while the Chevy looks tough. It's a toss up, IMHO.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Like my 2003 2500 HD DA GMC better, but I had to pay about $1K more for it than the Chev.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Well, I admit that the Chevy looks better in person than it did in the early, pre-introduction pictures. So, I made the choice to wait the extra time it took for my dealer to order me a GMC. No regrets. Even though I don't think the Chevy is ugly, I still like the GMC better.
TC

·
Registered
149 Posts
Actually bought the chev first, kinda liked the new style, but I didn't like the way the hood looked from the drivers seat. Took it back and got the GMC, same color and options. Like the all red chev taillights better though!

·
Registered
410 Posts
took awhile for the 03 chevy to grow on..no different than lookin' at the concept stuff at the auto show..you better like it..thats whats here..wouldnt trade mine...my first impression of the gmc was ... the best looking truck of any..ever..good riding, bob

·
Banned
735 Posts
The 2" gap above the bumper on the GMC looks horrible. You would think the designers/ engineers could have done something better than that.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Diesel-N-Dust said:
The 2" gap above the bumper on the GMC looks horrible. You would think the designers/ engineers could have done something better than that.

Not if you color match it

·
Registered
285 Posts
I vote for the cheapest one and the best deal. well that's what happens when you are graduating and don't have any money. In all seriousness, I think the Chevy is nice looking in some colors and GMC in others, it really depends I think.

·
Registered
103 Posts
01's & 02's are a toss-up, 03's and up it's GMC all the way!

thats my 2 cents

1 - 20 of 37 Posts