Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went in for oil change and and asked dealer to check system because of intermittent message on DIC "Battery not chargeing". They could not duplicate. They then told me that because I had a remote start it could void my warranty and may be the cause of the problem.
Anyone know if this is true? Are there any TSB'S on this? Anything would be helpful. It does not happen all the time and goes out in about 3 seconds on start up.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I have the same problem, I took my truck in to have it checked out at the Autosound (alarm shop).

They started out replacing a couple of the modules and making sure all the wiring was tight and installed properly on my amps, dvd, alarm, line driver, onstar modulater, chime override, steering wheel control and onstar.

The reason that I was given is kinda confusing but when my truck is not running my batteries read 13.2 on a volt meter as oppossed to a 12.2-12.5. So when the engine is turned on there is a censor in line some where between the battery and the altenator,since my batteries read 13.2 without the engine running it tells the computer that the battery is not charging. Which at that time it does not need to charge.

The guys at Autosound (alarm shop) parked my truck in the shop, all doors open, lights on, stereo's and amps on for 1 hour. They got the batteries to read 12.1 before start up, they started the engine and the light did not come on. They then let the truck run to re-charge the batteries and killed the engine and retested the batteries and they were up to 13.1, fired the engine up and got the battery not charging light.

They called Clifford and were told to un hook the alarm to see if the same result. The unhooked the alarm and same thing happend. It was then determined that it was not the alarm it was just over juiced batteries.

Hope I did not confuse you, they had my truck all day yesterday checking rechecking. They (autosound) is very reputable installer, I have spent about 10,000 with them in this truck so I have to believe what they say. As far a voiding your warranty I am unsure. I have had my truck at the dealer with the predator in and the alarm in and they have said nothing about either.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the come back noproblem. I think you are right and that my dealer did not want to dig in to it and used the remote start as an out. I still wonder if there any TSB'S on this as I have seen posts on this or similar problems on this site. TSB Anyone?

·
Registered
690 Posts
got my remote strt put in yesterday and now mine is saying the same thing? dont know what the deal is???? makes me worry. it only does it only whaen i use the remote start.

i bet NOPROBLEM is right though.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I had that problem periodically also but my problem was the wiring harness on passenger side came lose and wore a bare spot and was grounding out on the metal of the truck. That went on and off about two months then blew a fuse in heater controls. Thats when I took it in. Now all is well. I now have a clifford remote start system in the truck and all is still good.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I have heard of that happening when 2nd acc is hooked up wrong, probably t tapped

1 - 6 of 6 Posts