Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2007 LBZ bone stock, mileage is 65,XXX and I had what seem to be a simple case of the original batteries giving out.

Cranked slow for a couple days then finially gave out, the volt gauge in the dash seemed to be reading fine.(alt operating normally) So I thought I'd just change both batteries out since I figured 5 years on the OG batteries was about the service window anyway..

So I put stock replacement batteries back in it, and everything was good to go. Went for a test spin and everything was working normally. This was Sunday.

I get in my truck to go to work today (Monday) and truck fires right off, but I have no ODO, Radio lights, or HVAC lights, but radio is working just fine as is the AC/heat.

So I'm thinking, dash light fuse. (Not verified yet as I'm sitting at work) But the question is WHY? What would cause that fuse to blow? Or what would cause this condidtion? All other indicator and warning lights are fully functioning in the dash, as well as turn signal lights in the dash and mirrors.

Just seems weird. Could it be a case of alt over charge? which might have taken out the OG batteries, and now took out the fuse (again, unconfirmed)?

·
Premium Member
18,347 Posts
Dreaming up a scenario.......
Startup of the truck with the ambient light sensor covered (or pushed into the dash) results in the headlamps being activated (so does nighttime startup). With the headlamps on, you have the dash dimmer knob (inadvertantly) turned all the way down, resulting in no dashboard backlighting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dreaming up a scenario.......
Startup of the truck with the ambient light sensor covered (or pushed into the dash) results in the headlamps being activated (so does nighttime startup). With the headlamps on, you have the dash dimmer knob (inadvertantly) turned all the way down, resulting in no dashboard backlighting.
Along this line, when I pulled into the parking garage this morning I manually tunred the lights on to see if I had dash lights and it was a no go. I even messed with the dimmer. So the dash lights were still non-op under that scenario.
I don't knwo if the twilight sentinal would work any differently?

·
Premium Member
2015 Silverado 2500 HD 6.6 Duramax LTZ
717 Posts
Does your steering wheel lights come on?

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
2007 LBZ bone stock, mileage is 65,XXX and I had what seem to be a simple case of the original batteries giving out.

Cranked slow for a couple days then finially gave out, the volt gauge in the dash seemed to be reading fine.(alt operating normally) So I thought I'd just change both batteries out since I figured 5 years on the OG batteries was about the service window anyway..

So I put stock replacement batteries back in it, and everything was good to go. Went for a test spin and everything was working normally. This was Sunday.

I get in my truck to go to work today (Monday) and truck fires right off, but I have no ODO, Radio lights, or HVAC lights, but radio is working just fine as is the AC/heat.

So I'm thinking, dash light fuse. (Not verified yet as I'm sitting at work) But the question is WHY? What would cause that fuse to blow? Or what would cause this condidtion? All other indicator and warning lights are fully functioning in the dash, as well as turn signal lights in the dash and mirrors.

Just seems weird. Could it be a case of alt over charge? which might have taken out the OG batteries, and now took out the fuse (again, unconfirmed)?
Have you been able to resolve this issue? Was it the fuse? Keep us posted.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.