Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out this AM and just got a "click,click,click" . Is it typical for the batteries to go that sudden, overnight no warning? Front bat. has "black" eye , side bat. has "green" eye. Front bat. measures 11+v and side bat. measures less than 10v with batteries hooked up. I assume they should still be in warranty as a 2002 with 34k miles. Also is it advisable to change both at the same time.

Thanks,

Jack

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Jack, I would be concerned with both of them being dead. The 'eyes' are not the most accurate thing in the world but do give a good indication. I would double check to make sure nothing got left on and then take it in and have them checked, they will have to isolate each battery by unhooking it from truck to get accurate test. They are covered item under the 3/36 warr and likely will only replace the bad one if its just one.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Dump 'em both and get some Optimas.....

Later....

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
That would be a good alternative if you wanna pay for it...Warr should replace effected batteries free of charge.. I do like the Optima option though, or at least some version of them. They seem to hold up very nice

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Charge them both up and have the dealer do capacity check. I think you will find a bad cell in one. The good one just equalized with the bad one. Later! Frank

1 - 5 of 5 Posts