Diesel Place banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In W. New York, generally speaking, how long do batteries last?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Bout three days. Then somebody steals them.

·
Registered
67 Posts
3 hours in Phoenix before the fluids boil out...

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I got 5 years out of the batteries and changed them out only because I felt they were too old and would rather put in new ones before one day they didn't start. I read that if you turn off all the accessories the batteries will have a longer life because when starting up they don't get more drain than necessary.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I still have the originals in the jan.01 2002 and are still going strong, most batteries are good for 4 to 5 years but if you get 7 or more years you are doing well.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I generally have used 5 years for a lifespan. I'm going on 6 years with the original AC Delcos and figure I'm on borrowed time.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I still have the originals in the jan.01 2002 and are still going strong, most batteries are good for 4 to 5 years but if you get 7 or more years you are doing well.
I also had the originals in my '02 until recently. Did not think they would last through the upcoming winter. That sucks...

·
Registered
824 Posts
I generally have used 5 years for a lifespan. I'm going on 6 years with the original AC Delcos and figure I'm on borrowed time.

Damn. Borrowed time is over with. Clock keeps resetting and it barely turned over this morning.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.