Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Called and talked to one of their reps in November. He said the first quarter of 08. Other than that he knew absolutely nothing and was so unhelpful I almost called back to ***** about it. When I say nothing I mean you could have sworn you called a company overseas that dealt with window blinds, they might have been more knowledgeable. For my LLY at least they got my number and kept me up to date with when they were coming out.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
if they keep dicking people around like with the lbz programmer, you can wait for a while.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
The six gun tuners are still in development. The engineering department is REALLY worried about the long term effect the system will have on the emmission systems (DPF in paticular). They are working very hard on it but we don't want to release it until they are proven to have no negitive impact on the DPF. I'll keep you posted on when it's due out and the power numbers:D

·
Registered
538 Posts
Called and talked to one of their reps in November. He said the first quarter of 08. Other than that he knew absolutely nothing and was so unhelpful I almost called back to ***** about it. When I say nothing I mean you could have sworn you called a company overseas that dealt with window blinds, they might have been more knowledgeable. For my LLY at least they got my number and kept me up to date with when they were coming out.

you probably talked to a salesman, all they know is why banks "is the best" and why you should buy it. Other than that talk to a technical support guy. They seem to be the most helpful and knowledgable.

·
Registered
538 Posts
The six gun tuners are still in development. The engineering department is REALLY worried about the long term effect the system will have on the emmission systems (DPF in paticular). They are working very hard on it but we don't want to release it until they are proven to have no negitive impact on the DPF. I'll keep you posted on when it's due out and the power numbers:D
aw man, they should make a dpf delete tune. They could make it like the highest setting and say "for offroad use only!" ;)

then they could sell another pipe to delete it. $$

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
banks

:wtf:.......I dont live there and most people dont live in CA so who cares....I want to delete that damn thing and run it straight.......Why not offer it everyone else is and I am starting to think banks in not what I thought.......They are not the fastest but safe but if you have to leave all the facotr sensors and things on i am getting something else they best do something or they will lose my business:mad: so do something to change this and soon:eek2:

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
You see there in lies the problem. There are allot of truck owners who live in areas where currently you can remove them and get away with it. This will not stay that way (the fact the DPF is on your truck in the first place is proof of that). The emmissions laws are getting tougher and tougher every year. In fact, if i remember right, the federal goverment will start withholding highway dollars in the next few years unless the federal guidlines are followed in every state. The current penelty for selling a product designed to remove or disable any emmission device is $2500 for the truck owner, and $25000 to the company that made it. Right now there is no clear testing procedure so it's going unnoticed, but in 2010 that will change and without that DPF you can't get a licence plate. If your looking for a Banks product to help you remove the DPF it won't happen. A properly designed system will have to use the smog system on the truck or it won't be legal on the street. Besides there are more then a few enviroment groups who would like nothing better then to bury the performance diesel industry as a whole period. Every time a product is released to fight the smog equipment is just one more bullet in the gun they can then use to shoot us with.:blahblah::rant:

·
Registered
103 Posts
I can't remember where PPE is located:D

·
Registered
103 Posts
:p:
What kind of power can be added and have it still work with the dpf??
I would imagine it would be limited quite a bit over a free flowing exhaust, plus that regen fuel bill would really start to add up, YAAY EPA!

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I would imagine it would be limited quite a bit over a free flowing exhaust, plus that regen fuel bill would really start to add up, YAAY EPA!
Before my dpf fell off i ran duramax tuners 495 rwhp tune and it felt strong, but when I put my turboback on it made a huge difference. PPE has level 5 260 at the flywheel, but anything over 100 rwhp is the limit I think

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
We've seen gains in the 120hp-140hp range with the DPF in place. However, the tune we release will depend on which one doesn't damage the DPF. Not to worry guys I'll keep you all "in the loop":D

·
Banned
4,035 Posts
you can run alot of pwer with the dpf the problem is it will constantly regen the dpf does not like much added power 100 hp or so and it starts to go south . with constant regens

·
Registered
147 Posts
I love Banks stuff.

·
Registered
538 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts