Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any of you guys using the big head wastegate actuator offer some instructions on how to adjust it. I bought a used one but he had lost the instructions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Chaz

·
Registered
103 Posts
Mount it, adjust it so the actuator rod hole lines up with the hole in the waste gate with the waste gate fully closed. Then shorten the actuator rod 7 full turns. Put a little air to the actuator to push it out so it will go in the hole and walla. Edited by: MOTO HEAD

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Moto Head I sure appreciate the advice!!

Chaz

·
Registered
6,013 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Very interesting Diesel Power. I got my actuator without instructions and was told to run it seven turns out with my six gun. (I know for sure because I wrote it down.) Does the Banks literature say it's adjustable. Edited by: MOTO HEAD

·
Registered
6,013 Posts
yes it is adjustable, but you have to remove the cooler line to the turbo, heat shield, loosen the two bolts holding the actuator bracket to the turbo and pressurize it with air. once you do that you can rotate it. i have egr so mine is harder to adjust. w/o egr you may be able to remove the bottom where it attached to the wastegate and turn that.

i have mine set at about 28 stock, and use a needle valve to bleed off extra when i want to make more boost. that way its easier to adjust quickly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts