·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any body heard andy thing about an update for banks to 1.9

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
I haven't heard anything about it. 1.8 with the last one I heard of.

·
Registered
538 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didnt I was just woundering.

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
Maybe when the ottomind comes out that might be version 1.9?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i am hoping so, i cant stand the big loss of power between 1 and 2 gear.

·
Registered
538 Posts
i am hoping so, i cant stand the big loss of power between 1 and 2 gear.

go into your SL tuning, lower 1st gear fueling to 65% and raise 2nd gear to 75 or 80, dont go much higher than that on 2nd gear, as it is hard on the trans.

this is from help of Jeff Barker from banks power. "Apparently if 100% fuel is givin in 1st gear it runs out of fuel for the shift." Mine runs great like this. oh yea and make sure all other gears are 100% accept 6th (leave at default)...you may also want to leave 5th gear at default, but for drag racing i raise 5th gear fueling to 100%

my truck may be a unique case but it seems a few people have come on here explaining the same 1-2 shift problem, including me, I think ive bitched the most about it though lol.

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
go into your SL tuning, lower 1st gear fueling to 65% and raise 2nd gear to 75 or 80, dont go much higher than that on 2nd gear, as it is hard on the trans.

this is from help of Jeff Barker from banks power. Apparently if 100% fuel is givin in 1st gear it runs out of fuel for the shift. Mine runs great like this.

So if a guy has a lift pump that would help then?

·
Registered
538 Posts
So if a guy has a lift pump that would help then?
according to jeff, yes. but for the mean time, I will deal with the problem with these SL settings where i have them now. The thing pulls better than it ever has. raising the fueling in second gear to 80% makes it Rip! but Im going to back down to 70% probably to be a little easier on the tranny.

He said with the lift pump the 1st gear fueling could be brought back up to 100% probably.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool thanks i will try that today!!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had set 2 gear power % to 80 and it would just break the 235 dullys loose.:D

·
Registered
538 Posts
take it easy there lol...jeff told me to stay at 70% or less to be safe... i had it at 80 for testing purposes.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ya i just put it on 80% for one night. How do you launch off the line. Do you spool?

·
Registered
538 Posts
yes if in 4wd. about 10 lbs. if in 2wd not really

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had a 55 gal transfer flow fuel tank in the back and after that launch it broke the strap holding it in and fliped over and broke the cap. Not to mention it was full of fuel.:lol:

what is the best 1/4mile time for you??

·
Registered
538 Posts
I had a 55 gal transfer flow fuel tank in the back and after that launch it broke the strap holding it in and fliped over and broke the cap. Not to mention it was full of fuel.:lol:

ill let you know when i run again because i was working out some quirks that were holding me back...don't want ppe guys to run with it and be like banks is SLOW! :p:.

·
Banned
3,234 Posts

WOW!:eek:

·
Registered
481 Posts
i thought 1st and 2nd were set to 100% already in SL. OR are yall talking about inbetween shifts. i've pulled off a 14.70( NO BOOST) in sl with 5th set to 80%, everything else defaulted in SL. It still spun alot in 3rd though!

·
Registered
538 Posts
i thought 1st and 2nd were set to 100% already in SL. OR are yall talking about inbetween shifts. i've pulled off a 14.70( NO BOOST) in sl with 5th set to 80%, everything else defaulted in SL. It still spun alot in 3rd though!

default is 100% in 1st gear, 60% in second gear, 100% in 3rd and 4th, 60% or 80% in 5th(not sure), 40% in 6th

·
Registered
538 Posts
with my shifting prob. fixed and a 4wd launch i plan on 14 flat maybe break into 13s

1 - 20 of 20 Posts