Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard about this? Anyone tried or have it? It is on the Duramaxstore.com website, it says its a 128hp/345ft/lb torque for $625 and you can get the speed loader, which upgrades to 155hp for $99. Hmmm, Mac, better call up Banks and get one!!!

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
White Duramax said:
Has anyone heard about this? Anyone tried or have it? It is on the Duramaxstore.com website, it says its a 128hp/345ft/lb torque for $625 and you can get the speed loader, which upgrades to 155hp for $99. Hmmm, Mac, better call up Banks and get one!!!

AHEM,

A hot OJ puts down in the neighborhood of 140 hp and over 300 Tq. Priced in the same ballpark on special or refurbed.

Quadzilla 135 or 165 Tuner will get you there as well.

Banks has a good reputation, you may want to wait a week or so, NICK will have some info to share I hope,

It sounds like a VA box or Duramaximizer with more features.........no pics to look at though.

T
NYEdited by: GMC-2002-Dmax

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
I have only heard of the Otto Mind from Banks. The STINGER kit includes the 4" exhaust, the Otto Mind, Big head waste gate, and the guage pkg. All good for (advertised) 73 hp & 142 ftlbs torq.,which, btw I have on my truck.

JP

·
Registered
262 Posts
What does the "Big head waste gate" do? Is it adjustable? Does it decrease EGT's significantly?

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
I will be down in LA next week and will be going by Banks to test run their new six-shooter. i will post some information and hope to run it on a dyno along with some other common boxes for comparison.

stay tuned!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Diesel Power said:
I will be down in LA next week and will be going by Banks to test run their new six-shooter. i will post some information and hope to run it on a dyno along with some other common boxes for comparison.

stay tuned!

Can I suggest the Quad 165hp and 135hp? I have yet to see any info on the 165hp tune, and although many people use the 135hp tune, I have not been able to get ahold of a dyno chart with RPM instead of MPH

·
Registered
616 Posts
Go to bankspower.com for more info on the new six shooter. Looks like a pretty promising piece from such a conservative company.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Is this device a programmer (like the Predator) or does it fit on the CAN bus and modify fueling commands sent to the FICM (like the Juice)?

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
its a piggyback computer like the juice, etc... i have only seen pictures so far but will take some when i'm down there..

dipper - i'll be armed with tony's hot juice and a quad 215. getting the tranny done 2 days prior so i should be able to put the power down w/o limpage
. anyone wants to send me anything else to run i'll add it to my bag of tricks. hee hee

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
what tranny?

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Getting the ally beefed up day after tomorrow.. transgo + converter..

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Michigana_Joe,

The Big Head Waste gate is adjustable, and basically it is the "popoff" valve for the turbo, i.e. You want your turbo to produce 26 psi. Once the turbo is making that much boost, the waste gate will open, and any pressure over 26 psi is bled off. Also this WG comes with a fitting for connecting a turbo boost guage. Does it lower EGTs significantly? I would think that if it is adjusted to high it would raise EGTs.

JP

·
Registered
194 Posts
I would be very interested in the Banks programmer. Lets see some results first. Anyone do a before and ater with the bighead actuator? Dyno and 1/4mile?

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
i wouldn't expect the actuator to do anything for numbers w/o some help from a power box/module.

if you do get one their initial recommendation for adjustment was a little high. i'd go 1 less turn in to start..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts