Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have a 2005 hd with a duramax. was wondering which tuner is better overall for power and reliabilty? banks six gun with speed loader OR edge with a2 monitor...
also wondering if the banks monster exhaust, and AFE intake is any good?

i am wanttin to install a tuner, exhaust, intake.... looking to spend a total under 2gs...

thanks

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Banks isn't even in the same ballpark as the edge with A2.

Go with the edge and A2 if you can afford it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no sorry banks six gun with speed loader OR edge attitude....

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
I would still go with the Edge/Attitude. Unless you would prefer a knob. ):h

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
no doubt, EDGE!! MBRP Exhaust, afeII intake all great products!

Banks-:t

JMO

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
I promise not to say anything bad about banks.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I think my complete BANKS SYSTEM will be for sale real soon. Trippin will be getting my next order for the newer and upgraded EFI LIVE. Banks is ok but my buddy has EDGE what a difference. GO EDGE

Shawn

·
Registered
419 Posts
Edge and A2 are an awesome combo.
MBRP is the exhaust of choice.
AFE is awesome as well, and their exhaust is pretty good too.

Let me know if I can help you out with any of the above, or at least visit one of the advertising vendors on the site.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MBRP exhaust?? are they good? whose better banks monster exhaust or MBRp.. which one will produce more power but keep a quite sound....

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I went through the same thing in the middle of '04 and wound up with a 304 MBRP exhaust. I'd be glad to say it's the "best", but honestly don't think there's a nickel's worth of difference between it or one of several others. There's only so much to be done with 4" pipe and I seriously doubt you'd be able to feel one producing any more power than another. The cat has been removed and there's a slight drone - if you want to call it that - about 1800 rpm. But that's a minor thing and overall I'm satisfied. Going on appearance, the MBRP exhaust pipe has a dumb looking bend in front of the exhaust tip and hangs down too far from the body. Doing it over I'd get a Hog exhaust, which has a much better looking tailpipe without that crook in it, and tucks up higher. I plan to replace the MBRP tailpipe with a Hog.

About 5,000 miles ago I had a Juice/Attitude installed, which works really well and has changed the entire feel of the truck. It's a whole lot faster. And the dealers around here actually install them. For me, the regular Attitude with a pillar mount is about as perfect as it gets. Edge is just up the highway, and most every diesel in the parking lot has that new monitor stuck to the windshield with a suction cup arrangement. They're big and really ugly attached that way.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I would still go with the Edge/Attitude. Unless you would prefer a knob. ):h
The Banks Power PDA doesn't use a knob and the Six Gun and Speedloader are all in the PDA programming. Installation was easier than rotating the tires or changing the oil (quicker too)!

I have the ability to monitor everything going on under the hood, can change parameters with the PDA like added fuel, fuel through gear changes, read/clear codes, read corrected speed, etc., etc.

And I have a PDA to keep track of all kinds of stuff, play MP3's, play videos, run the GPS software, keep track of mileage, maintenance, and expenses...

The supplied bracket fits perfectly on the dash and doesn't interfere with anything. It's a slick setup and Banks claims HP increases higher than Edge.

My dealer has a 2005 with a cracked head in the shop. They told me it was due to the Edge system (customer ran it on setting 3 all the time). Dunno if it was for sure the Edge, but that makes me nervous.

We'll see. I have a dyno date in two weeks.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
has anybody actually dyno there truck with the edge? if so how much more power? are the power claims true?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
if i go with the edge tuner with attitude with it void my warrranty?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
what is everything i need to get to get the edge attitide installed? and readyto drive? with no problems?
thanks for your help everyone?

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
has anybody actually dyno there truck with the edge? if so how much more power? are the power claims true?
Lots of people have done dyno's with the Edge. I can't remember off hand what the results were but it seems the Edge is conservative in their power specs.

if i go with the edge tuner with attitude with it void my warrranty?
Don't let the dealer know that you use it and remove it before going to the dealer. That goes for any power adder.

what is everything i need to get to get the edge attitide installed? and readyto drive? with no problems?
thanks for your help everyone?
You need to drill and tap the exhaust manifold to install the pyro probe. Everything else is pretty much plug and play. When installing the attitude you have a lot of choices. I did the over head console install. Look on the Edge web site and you can download the instruction manual which includes installation instructions.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Another vote for the Six-Gun w/PDA.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Any module or programmer you install, you must take off or remove the program before taking it to the dealer for warranty.

The MBRP exhaust systems are different in the fact of a 1 piece tail pipe. Many others have a 2 piece tail pipe that will never stay in place and if you have a 4x4 it has a clamp stuck right for everyone to see.

They do the 2 piece system to save on shipping, but it does not add anything else.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
It's true the MBRP tailpipe is one piece, and that means you're stuck with how they decided to make it exit. I don't know which others use a a one or two-piece. Hog uses a two piece tailpipe. But the connection is way up above the axle and behind the spare tire....you can't even see it, and when Hog installs one, after it's positioned they weld it anyway. Anyone else could do the same thing. Having a 2 piece exhaust pipe is not a big deal, and you can position the end however looks good.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts