Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...I guess my truck and the EDGE were just not meant to work together. I got the new one on Friday and installed and it is reacting the same way. When I go to confirmation mode it blips the throttle until I am forced to shut it off. I did drive it around and it appears the #3 setting took but how do I really know? Plus if I am ever in situation where I have to go from P-R-N-R somewhere I will have to shut my truck off as that is the confirmation process for the EDGE and it will not stop bliping the throttle.
So I am considering another straight plug in module. The Banks seemed to be a viable option. I am looking for thought and inputs from users. I do not want a programmable unit. I just want a straight plug and go deal.

I would like to say that EDGE has been fantastic about getting me new modules. They definitely have excellent customer service. But I have been through 4 of them now and all have had different problems. I had a friend come over and install the module to make sure I was not pulling a bonehead deal. But the result was the same.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
If you can wait until May the PowerPDA should be ready for the LB7,It is much easier to install then the Six-Gun Tuner ,It also has fueling and power settings not available with the Six-Gun and other numerous setting not available with the Six-Gun.
Sorry to previous owners of the LB7 Six-Gun Tuner, It cannot be upgraded to the PowerPDA Tuner.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
As long as Edge is taking care of you, stick with them. It sounds like it has been a pain in the a$$ but it will be worth it when they finally get it fgured out for you IMO.

Some people like Banks, but most on here will tell you to go with Edge.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
I liked mine....worked great for what i wanted at the time. Never ever gave me any problems. Willing to sell if interested :)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
i have a 2003 duramax with the six gun tuner. i have had it since 3 weeks after i purchased the truck. i have never had any problems with it. i have tried several different programmers/modules, including the juice w/attitude. the banks by far is a better unit for my truck. it also stacks well with a superchips tuner. i have tried it with a bd intimidator programmer and it also worked good. to see the full potential of the six gun, you will need a drop in filter (don't wasgte $$$ on aftermarket intake), boost valve or banks big head, and a free flowing exhaust.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input all.
I agree Edge has by far been the best drop in set up and user friendly for us guys that are not looking to pull a house but rather have some extra power. EDGE has been outstanding and I am not posting this to in anyway, shape or form BASH on EDGE. Just appears that my truck and Edge are just not a match. I have not installed the Attitude as I did not want the monitor as it was too difficult to remove if I should have had to take it to the dealer. I just wanted something simple.

In hopes of finding out if people have had similar issues, here has been my history

1st Module: Had a "No start condition". Had box for about 3 months, then one day would not start. Pulled Edge out and POW, fired right up. Sent box back, Edge replaced without issue on my way again

2nd Module: Had a cut-out issue when driving down the freeway at speed. Weird deal, Like the motor would shut off, no throttle response then the truck would slow down to about 45 or so then it would kick back on. Sent module back, Edge responded promptly, sent me new module.

3rd module: This was supposed to be the "Cold" module fix that I and others were experiencing. I got the module, installed and when I tried to confirm setting the engine went nuts, the throttle blipped over and over and over again, I shut the truck down. Tried it again and same outcome. I called Edge they said Send it back. They sent me a new module.

4th Module: I received it on this past Friday, installed per the instructions(Even had friend do it just to make sure) Same outcome with an exception, after I shut the truck off I restarted and bypassed the confirmation process. The EDGE module is powering the truck as I can hear the whistling of the Turbo, the trans is shifting cleaner and the truck is teaching itself again, However I have no way to know if I have setting 1 2, 3 or 4. So what is the truck doing??? I am just not comfortable not knowing....I am going to leave the module in for a couple of days and will contact Edge again this morning.

Wheeeeew!!!!...OK...Thats enough...

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
The attitude is easy to remove, just unplug from Juice box & pull wire thru firewall. easier than pulling the box out anyday.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Noreaster:
Well not if you are a dopey overachiever installer like I am......:muahaha: I install stuff super clean and make it part of the interior, not something hanging off stuff....Not saying you or anybody else does it that way, but I just know I am a goofball about that....However...that is my issue not EDGE's...I just chose to hop up and in 2 minutes unplug module and be done with it..... Not have to drop panels and such to get Edge Monitor out......

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Wow, you've got much more patience than I do. Four times?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I am happy with my Banks system. See my sig. for recent dyno numbers.

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Did you do the confirmation thing? You can do it at anytime to see what level you are in.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I forgot they are not listed, but my numbers for level 3 are 330h.p. and 600tq. that is the level I tow.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Problem free for 50K +/-!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts