Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used Banks Stinger TLC system I was wondering if it was any good or am I better off getting everything separate?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Thats the question I cam in to this forum asking. Everyone says its good but..... You can spend your money better. If you are dead set on getting it Ive got someone you can call out of Salt Lake. Great deal! But I found a shop locally to do my exhaust and Im getting the quadzilla. Check out some of the other forums and you will see everyones input. Good luck with everything. Let me know if you have any question.

Mike

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Shaydog24,

Let me start by saying i have a Banks stinger kit, and have installed 2 for friends. The kit is very well built. Banks quality is excellent, fit and finish. I also have a predator, which slips my tranny when i stack the two. So i removed my ottomind and use everything else: wastegate actuator, exhaust, and gauges. i'm selling my ottomind because i'm getting the "king d" syndrome and want to make more power.

the banks kit has soom good features, especially if tons of horsepower isn't your only goal. it is temp limiting to you can't overrun your egt's. if has 2 wires that connect to the TCM to watch for TC lockup. i don't know of any other vendor who directly monitors the tc that way. so if you just want anoter 70 horse for towing i'd recommend it. if you're trying to make a ton of power there are better ways..

Nick

·
Registered
704 Posts
shaydog24 said:
Has anyone used Banks Stinger TLC system I was wondering if it was any good or am I better off getting everything separate?

I plan on buying their exhaust, but I looked to other vendors for everything else.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Diesel Power said:
. i'm selling my ottomind because i'm getting the "king d" syndrome and want to make more power.

Nick
nick i know what you mean i got it real bad i am like a crack addict....jess

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Jess,

Better to be a HP addict than a crack addict any day! Once i work out a transplant for my ally i'll feel so much better...

Nick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts