·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
which produced 1,545 horsepower at 8,500 revs per mile at 18 pounds of boost.

8500 revs per mile.... hows that work:p:.... damn spell check:D

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
If I remember right there was already a faster gas powered truck then our Sidewinder Dakota. I'm just going from memory but i belive that last year, using a NASCAR spec engine, it beat our speed but I don't remember by how much. I'll see if I can dig up that info. We do still have the worlds fastest diesel truck though. It's REALLY hard to break records on the salt and my hat goes off to the Jesel team. Good job guys!:D

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya the link says nascar spec that turbocharged.

I hope the banks team goes back out to the salt next year to crank up the diesel record:)

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
damn they're located right behind us. i gotta stop by there one day.

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
IIRC the diesel truck record is still held by the Phoenix, which went 270+ MPH with a 5000HP diesel engine.

It wasn't a Dodge, nor a Cummins. It was an International with a Detroit Diesel.

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
PS - As far as "pickups" go, an SRT-10 ain't really a pickup when it's stock, it has no tow rating. And the V-8 Dodge "NASCAR" engine is not production based either, like a Cummins or Powerstoke land speed engine is.

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
Some more stats on the Phoenix:

Detroit Diesel - 16v 1472ci
4 Turbo Chargers
2 Super Chargers
Est Hp: 5000+
Front Tires: Boeing 707 39x13 Wheels
Rear Tires: Boeing 747 49x17 Wheels

LOL, boeing air plane parts.

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PS - As far as "pickups" go, an SRT-10 ain't really a pickup when it's stock, it has no tow rating. And the V-8 Dodge "NASCAR" engine is not production based either, like a Cummins or Powerstoke land speed engine is.
well sorta:) The cummins is not offered in the Dakota nor is the PowerJoke offered in the ranger. So I guess they're even:D:cool:

5000hp:eek: Thats a lot of power going thru those back wheels...... thats amazing!!

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Doesnt it actually void the warranty if you put a receiver hitch on it?:rolleyes:

·
Banned
548 Posts
Doesnt it actually void the warranty if you put a receiver hitch on it?:rolleyes:
No it doesn't.

That jesel motor is one nasty sob. I got to take a look at it at the Maxton Mile a while back when it was N/A... that thing doesn't mess around.

They were swaping the same motor into the truck and a busch car. Would drop on a sheetmetal manifold with dual carbs as well.

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
No it doesn't.

That jesel motor is one nasty sob. I got to take a look at it at the Maxton Mile a while back when it was N/A... that thing doesn't mess around.

They were swaping the same motor into the truck and a busch car. Would drop on a sheetmetal manifold with dual carbs as well.
The Manual Transmission SRT-10 will void it's warranty if you put a trailer hitch on it.

The Automatic? It's a poor joke that just proves Dodge cannot make a gasoline truck that gets decent fuel mileage even if it's slow.

The Jesel motor's engine block was never offered in a production car or truck by any manufacturer.

Nor were any other parts that come to mind.

Basically a One-Off Race Engine competing in a production truck class. Which... Lacks Class.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.