Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Banks Six Gun used off of these forums. However the person that I bought it from wanted to keep the EGT probe in his pickup for his EFI Live so I had to get a new one off the net. My Six Gun is here but the probe hasn't come yet. Can I install the Six Gun without the probe? As long as I don't pull anything or run it hard in the higher power lvls I should be fine shouldn't I?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
hahler2;1602438; said:
I purchased a Banks Six Gun used off of these forums. However the person that I bought it from wanted to keep the EGT probe in his pickup for his EFI Live so I had to get a new one off the net. My Six Gun is here but the probe hasn't come yet. Can I install the Six Gun without the probe? As long as I don't pull anything or run it hard in the higher power lvls I should be fine shouldn't I?
Yes, you can. If you have the Speedloader, don't use until after the probe is installed.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's got the Power PDA

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
ya you can use it that is what i did till i got my gauges installed just don't run it above 4

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
K. Thank you.

·
Registered
77 Posts
hahler2;1602438; said:

The speed loader setting won't be avail until you install the probe though. But it will work just fine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If the Six-Gun had a thermocouple installed before you purchased it and you install it without a thermocouple, you will get a 2,3 code and the six-gun will not function. You must install the thermocouple to make it function, there is no way around this. You can install the six-gun without the thermocouple and drive the truck just fine, it just won't add any power until the thermocouple is installed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts