Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently installed the banks six gun with the speed loader, i also installed the banks monster exhaust and big head waste gate as well ws k&n filter, but after all that money and time im not impressed

my truck before had a k&n filter and the bully dog dyno dominator which felt twice as strong as it does with the banks

anyone know why??????

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I think you answered your own question, banks doesnt put the power out with thier programs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey liquiddura, how much was the 6-gun with the speed loader? If you dont mind me asking. Also, what is the bullydog system you had called and how much does that cost and how much lb/ft and hp does it add? I would like to upgrade my 6.6L soon and i am looking at these two products.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Looks like EVERY Programmer/Module out there kicks ass all over the SIX-GUN. I've got one, I know. I see that BANKS isn't responding anymore to this forum. Maybe they're busy working on an upgraded replacement module for people that bought this UNDERPERFORMING box.

·
Vendor
9,678 Posts
Hard telling which relabeled box you had, but it was either a VA or Edge...

Metal=Edge

Plastic=VA

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
juice is a much better performer

·
Registered
909 Posts
Makes you wonder how banks could be taking in a bunch of Edge trade-ins. Probably just salesman speak.

·
Vendor
9,678 Posts
I'm sure they'll revise the programming eventually.

·
Registered
30 Posts
LiquidDura,

I’m sorry to hear that your unsatisfied with your Six-Gun. When did you buy it from us? Please e-mail me with your name and I will have our Tech Dept. look you up in our system and give you a call. I will have to consult with our engineers on the functions of the Bully Dog box to see how it performed in our testing. I just received the competitive testing report for the new Ford 6.0 boxes and the egt’s on the Bully Dog 6.0 box were by far the highest in the field. I think the number was 1440 degrees. If your planning on running their box that's probably something you should keep an eye on.

White Duramax,

Don’t make statements that are not true. I think you meant, “The Banks Six-Gun makes good reliable power, it just doesn’t contribute to the hole in our ozone.”

Scotty Seelen,

Please e-mail me with your issues and I will be happy to help resolve them. Also, please give me a comparison to all the other boxes you have run in your truck. Please give me the specifics of your likes and dislikes of each box compared to the Six-Gun.

P.S. We don’t ignore any of the forums and we are making a Banks Race Box for the Duramax.

Grappledog,

Please e-mail me with your issues including your name and I will look you up in our system. I will have our Tech guys get in contact with you.

Ray403Dmax,

When we collect 1000 competitive boxes we are going to put th

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Well, I have only tried hypertech and now have my 6 gun on the truck.. replaced the ARE cap stickers with the Banks ones. I'm pleased, it's easy to install.. except for that damn grommet deal.. that was fun. Other than that, I am very happy and am glad I returned the hypertech to the store here and called you guys. Smooth power without obvious hiccups with the tranny like hypertech.

If you'd actually like a video of those boxes being destroyed via explosives, I can arrange it :)

Thanks for helping feed the addiction...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Banks six-gun is the only true power adder that was developed to protect the allison trans from distruction.it also is the only true power adder that protects the turbo from excessive rpm's and also high egt's. their is a big hype about most HP on most of these threads but nobody has adressed whos box is the safest. Colin you need to bring all of the owner's of the stores that sell these products to your dyno and run their trucks up to 3000 rpm's apply a 10,000 # load and do a 10 sec stepdown test in 200 rpm increments and lets see the true capability of these boxes. I dont think you will have many takers. It would end up meltdown day at the dyno. Banks cust service is first class and they do take care of you.OK now what is the time frame for some new releases of eq from Banks.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts

When we collect 1000 competitive boxes we are going to put them in a box and have the Air Force drop a J-DAM on it. Thank you for your concern.

That's one way to try and get rid of competition .... Way to costly in my opinion ... Have any idea the cost of Chartering a Air Force jet ??

Why don't you just pack them up as best you can X-specialy the Edge Juice boxes and ship them to my house collect ...

After seeing the conservative "safe" tuners released by Banks as of late why not tease us with some "risk'ay" numbers (HP and Torque)forth coming ??

Mac
Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Colin, why are you posting about 6.0 stuff in a Duramax forum. Just because thats the temp the bully dog put out on a 6.0 doesnt mean it the same for a Duramax. I happen to have the same thing as a dyno dominator, which was what the original question was about and it runs very cool egt wise. I havent really seen anything out of banks that puts down power like other boxes do, I understand that most of what you make is for towing and thats fine, but they dont seem to compete with other manufacturers in the higher hp.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
colin you should gather and burn all the books too....
By the way socaldmax is off in the pacific and he's still looking for that race box(you were going to leave in his truck) ...........must have slid under the seat
Edited by: sdaver

1 - 20 of 48 Posts