Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for feedback on LLY owners using the Banks six Gun tuner, or Banks Ottomind with PDA.
Thanks in advance
Ron

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've had mine for quite some time now and i love ot. I like all the adjustments you can make with it to. A friend of mine is using the ottomind 6 (no pda just gauges) for towing his 35ft trailer and he seems really happy with it because he's able to turn it way up while pulling with no EGT problems (all the way to level 6). The highest EGT he's seen, at 65mph, up hill was 1100 on level 6. The Six gun is for sport use and the Ottomind 6 is for mileage/work/towing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ron duramax;1561322; said:
I am looking for feedback on LLY owners using the Banks six Gun tuner, or Banks Ottomind with PDA.
Thanks in advance
Ron
i have the 6gun with pda and love it . smooth and reliable. after having the edge ,i just laugh at these people who post "banks is junk and banks is to expensive" . i even read in post about a guy who said he was shocked by the price of a banks unit but yet he wasnt "shocked " that when he turned a corner or pulled into traffic with his edge that his truck shut off. imagine the wifes conversation with the funeral director. " YEAH THAT DUMP TRUCK HIT HIM REALLY HARD BUT HE SAVED MONEY ON THAT EDGE SO WE CAN GET THE NICE CASKET!!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jbd59

does it throw codes? sounds nice, think I want the ottomind, I am also considering the Banks ram air. do you have input on it?
Thanks

·
Registered
321 Posts
Any comments on how quick the truck is with the Ottomind as compared to the Six Gun? I think the Ottomind suits what I want to do with my pickup more but it'd be nice to have that extra get up and go sometimes too.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ron duramax;1563581; said:
jbd59

does it throw codes? sounds nice, think I want the ottomind, I am also considering the Banks ram air. do you have input on it?
Thanks
He's never had any codes of any kind, though neither have i with my six gun. The two of us have gone stop light to stop light to see who was quicker. If I'm on level 5 and he's on level 6 (his max) we're about neck and neck. If I'm on the speed loader setting (level 7) I'll dust him. The big difference is when towing. I have my Six gun set to pull the power down as i speed up to control the EGT's (through the PDA). So i'll start out strong (when i need it the most) but the power will taper off as the trans shifts upward. On his he can turn the power UP any time he likes, even with the trailer hooked up heading up hill, so if he feels like it he can just walk away from me while towing. The amazing part is the highest EGT reading (up hill) was around 1100 on level 6 with the trailer! We both have the intake and really like them. Installed easy, HUGE filter and included the cleaning and service kit, nice and quiet too (no excess turbo noise).

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jbd59;1564718; said:
He's never had any codes of any kind, though neither have i with my six gun. The two of us have gone stop light to stop light to see who was quicker. If I'm on level 5 and he's on level 6 (his max) we're about neck and neck. If I'm on the speed loader setting (level 7) I'll dust him. The big difference is when towing. I have my Six gun set to pull the power down as i speed up to control the EGT's (through the PDA). So i'll start out strong (when i need it the most) but the power will taper off as the trans shifts upward. On his he can turn the power UP any time he likes, even with the trailer hooked up heading up hill, so if he feels like it he can just walk away from me while towing. The amazing part is the highest EGT reading (up hill) was around 1100 on level 6 with the trailer! We both have the intake and really like them. Installed easy, HUGE filter and included the cleaning and service kit, nice and quiet too (no excess turbo noise).

jbd59

sounds awesome, a couple more questions...
is your exhaust cat back, or turbo back? do you have the so much talked about egr blocler plate and finger stick?
did you install it yourself?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ron duramax;1563581; said:
jbd59

Thanks
Ron duramax;1564751; said:
jbd59

sounds awesome, a couple more questions...
is your exhaust cat back, or turbo back? do you have the so much talked about egr blocler plate and finger stick?
did you install it yourself?
Mine is cat back and i did NOT remove the EGR and add the finger stick. Reason being that I'm in CA and my extended warranty says "removal or disableing of any emmission component or system voids this warranty". I did install it myself, only took about 3 hours total. The exhaust is super quiet though if you want it louder Banks can get you a system with no muffler. Makes the exhaust REALLY inexpensive.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, I,m in..
Thanks for your help
Now I can try and get my best deal with Banks. I already have a MBRP 4" cat back exhaust, will buy Banks Ram-air and Ottomind with PDA from Banks. Where did you buy yours?

·
Registered
77 Posts
straight from Banks.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Contrary to what's being said in here, the sales guys at Banks CAN get you the best price on their own stuff. Their web site is always more expensive so call them.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
kylant;1564905; said:
Please answer,

Does the banks 6 gun and PDA add boost? thanks
Yes

·
Registered
38 Posts
how does it add boost??

o yea and i heard S&B was making the "banks ram air intake"...hmmm.

·
Registered
38 Posts
jaymeangreen;1562838; said:
i even read in post about a guy who said he was shocked by the price of a banks unit but yet he wasnt "shocked " that when he turned a corner or pulled into traffic with his edge that his truck shut off. imagine the wifes conversation with the funeral director. " YEAH THAT DUMP TRUCK HIT HIM REALLY HARD BUT HE SAVED MONEY ON THAT EDGE SO WE CAN GET THE NICE CASKET!!!
ha i've had mine on for over a year and that's NEVER happened to me. and i'm stacking.

·
Registered
77 Posts
o yea and i heard S&B was making the "banks ram air intake"...hmmm.
[/quote]

and if you belive that i have a nice bridge i'll sell ya!!:D :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
fordh8ter;1565013; said:
ha i've had mine on for over a year and that's NEVER happened to me. and i'm stacking.
then how do you explain the thread in here asking how many people have this problem...and has a growing list of guys who do? It seems to be VERY common....and very dangerous to say the least. I wouldn't go near any tuner that could shut my truck off with no warning.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I may be selling my 6 gun & speedloader, bought EFI live, just haven't installed. I have never had problems with the Banks, & it really kicks! It has also been reflashed by Banks, I had a rattling problem. It was also bought from Banks, as soon as it came out for the LLY.

·
Registered
321 Posts
On the Banks website it says the PowerPDA can adjust for different sized tires. Does it just display the corrected speed on the PDA or does it actually change the speedo like a tuner such as Predator or Hypertech?

1 - 20 of 83 Posts