Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 07 classic LBZ with the banks six gun installed. going to have the EGR deleted.
Would anybody know if Banks has a program to delete the EGR?

The shop told me I would need a download from EFI live. If they do the download, would I be able to use the Banks six gun without screwing up the EFI live program?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Would anybody know if Banks has a program to delete the EGR?
No, there pro emissions, emissions friendly, what ever you want to call it. All hand helds and plug ins are that way so they don't get fined. I take it you never read about Edge's big fine?
The shop told me I would need a download from EFI live. If they do the download, would I be able to use the Banks six gun without screwing up the EFI live program?
EFILive changes perammeters, tables, codes not reporting etc.. In your ECM. Those are permently embedded. You can still use your Banks.
Deleted EGR you need EFiLive. Why not set your Banks aside and just use EFILive tuning. You won't regret it. You have to pay for if anyways.

John is highly respected on here and I've used him many times. You might consider a different option. Read
http://www.kennedydiesel.com/docs/Duramax EGR Blocker vs EGR Disable vs EGR Delete.pdf

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I did hear about Edge's fine. Banks told me they have no program. I talk to my shop and he's going to use EFI live.
I wonder after the shop downloads the program to get rid of the egr, if I can re-install the six gun?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,773 Posts
Why on earth would you want to use the full Banks 6 gun Pkg....if you have EFI Live tuning.? Is it the gauges you want..?

Get a DSP5 Switch installed if not already done then buy An Edge CTS monitor which is a stand alone unit and you are golden. You likely already have the pass side exhaust manifold tapped for EGT...

You are looking for trouble by using both EFI Live and Banks at the same time...IMO.

I had a 6 gun as well. Bought it in Mid 07...palm pilot as my gauge. In the end (2012), I literally threw it out - JUNK. The red module would overheat and scramble the data coming from the ECM in hot weather. It took me a long time to trouble shoot the issue with Banks telling me all the time that there was nothing wrong with their product. I told them they were full of shite more than once.

For what its worth..

Theo

Reactions: Prestonia24

·
Registered
3 Posts
Edge's big fine? Haha LoL a lot of hand held tuners can and do shut egr off and I’ll add so does edge’s cts2 evolution updated three weeks are yesterday only thing not tuned out is intake grid heater still egr still off as long as I’m In performance or extreme tune if I drop to tow or economy the cel will set 👌

·
Administrator
16,277 Posts
Edge's big fine? Haha LoL a lot of hand held tuners can and do shut egr off and I’ll add so does edge’s cts2 evolution updated three weeks are yesterday only thing not tuned out is intake grid heater still egr still off as long as I’m In performance or extreme tune if I drop to tow or economy the cel will set 👌
Edge did get fined by the EPA. You can read it here.
https://www.epa.gov/enforcement/edge-products-llc-settlement

If the equipment is not CARB Certified then you're looking at getting those same fines and possible jail time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts