Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Level 3: 330hp/598tq
Level 6: 410hp/802tq
I also ran level 2 but forgot the result. Numbers are at the rear wheels. I guess the bottom line is that I got the numbers Banks advertises. I know its not a race box, but I am happy at this point. Maybe when I can afford a trans:rolleyes::rolleyes: I will go to a different tuner.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Great numbers, sometimes it makes me jealous that you common rail guys can get so much HP/TQ improvements with just a box or tune!!

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
410 is actually really good! Im surprised...

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, I was a little surprised at how well it did. I did see a 06 lly with the six gun bundle pull:375hp,7** tq cannot remember. that is what i hought mine would run

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
probably an 05...they dont make the six gun bundle for the 2006s yet as far as I know...

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
maybe, it still had dealer plates on it? not trying to bag on it, I just thought I would be in that range

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
gotbanks?,
Good job. These numbers are what I've been consistantly seeing on the dyno for the LB7. So much for false advertising.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
My 6 Gun Dynoed 413 and 778 last year at Diesel Thunder on a stock tranny. I was happy with that.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I was happy with the numbers. some people asked that day, what was in the truck and were surprised when I told them Banks. I was hoping to see a straight "Edge" truck that day but none was there. if you check the Dyno numbers on that "SoCal Dyno day thread" you will see The banks trucks did really well compared to other single tuner trucks. I know Banks is not a race box, but I can live with the defuel on shifts. It does pull the s*** out of my trailers.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Yeah i will agree. I had no issues with mine as long as had it. Worked great for pulling the 5er. Someday i would like to locate the probe for it post turbo and see what it will pull now with a built tranny.......

·
Registered
88 Posts
Where's all the "anti- Banks" guys now?):h

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Level 3: 330hp/598tq
Level 6: 410hp/802tq
I also ran level 2 but forgot the result. Numbers are at the rear wheels. I guess the bottom line is that I got the numbers Banks advertises. I know its not a race box, but I am happy at this point. Maybe when I can afford a trans:rolleyes::rolleyes: I will go to a different tuner.
I bet with a better TC and tranny your TQ number might have been higher.........

T;) NY

·
Registered
617 Posts
Where's all the "anti- Banks" guys now?):h
No joke. Probably still waiting on Edge to send them a new box to fix the "no start" issue.):h

·
Registered
47 Posts
411 hp with 815 tq at Centerville drag strip last fall on a Mustang Dyno.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I put down 422rwhp and 822rwtq a while back with the mods listed.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Scotty, Diddn't you trade up for the Banks "race" version of the 6gun? I was going to, just didn't need the temptation with my stock tranny.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
We dont hate Banks, We just dont like the BullS hit ads. Like this one I heard on tv. "The most powerfull upgrade for your duramax. Nobody makes more proven power than Banks six-gun":rant:

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Scotty, Diddn't you trade up for the Banks "race" version of the 6gun? I was going to, just didn't need the temptation with my stock tranny.
Yes, I sent it back to Banks the day after Peter announced it was available. For comparison's sake, the new version on level 3 runs AS STRONG as the first version on level 6. No lie.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
We dont hate Banks, We just dont like the BullS hit ads. Like this one I heard on tv. "The most powerfull upgrade for your duramax. Nobody makes more proven power than Banks six-gun":rant:
My thoughts exactly.

Nobody an deny that that statement is far from true. It obviously provides lots of power, but is sure as he!! isn't top dog like they claim. Claims like that is why a lot of people don't like Banks.

Advertising hype aside, nice numbers guys.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.