Diesel Place banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In another thread several members had requested that I post my six gun dyno numbers since I was going last weekend. There appears to be quite a bit of contraversy regarding Banks claims of horsepower and torque. This was my first time on the dyno and I didn't hit the full potential of the Banks because I let off too early. Without going into any details, I had issues on the way there and now my truck is in the shop. Regardless, the Banks 6 gun put down 422RWH and 901 RWTQ at 3,000 RPM and still making power when I let off. This was more than I had expected with the Banks. Hope this helps solve any curiosity. My buddy with the Edge and intake put down 321 RWHP and 630 RWTQ. He runs 33's and stock tranny.

·
Registered
30 Posts
but arent you stacking programs????

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I wanted to post Banks only numbers. I ran into some issues and didn't get a chance to run double stacked.

·
Registered
30 Posts
wow 422 and 901 thats impressive

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
Nice numbers

·
Registered
140 Posts
Shaydog what was your buddy runnin for the settings on the edge? power levels are claiming a lot higher than that even without an intake.

·
Registered
311 Posts
not bad.when I was running banks ,I ran 415hp and 756 trq at 2883 rpm.
stacked w/ ts performance mp-8,I got 450hp and 842 trq at 2851 rpm.

·
Banned
3,234 Posts
Very nice. Since the tranny is the first weak link and I see you've taken care of that, what is the second weak link when it comes to making power? What is the limit before you need a fuel or turbo or engine upgrade?

·
Registered
480 Posts
With everything in my sig and the edge on level 6 i put down 428HP and 780tq at 2718RPM.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thats what i would expect out of mine with the edge stacked with the superchip on a dyno, or maybe a little more. Gotta find a dyno.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I believe the Edge was on 5, I will double check. I was too busy trying to figure out how bad my blown head gasket was. As far as engine mods, lift pumps would be nice but I am not throwing any codes, a bigger turbo means way bigger $$ to pay for internal parts, engine upgrades will have to come with the bigger turbo. My next question is: What type of upgrades should I do to try to prevent another blown head gasket?

·
Registered
78 Posts
What is the matter with mine 346/679 uncorrected? tranny is stock but has never limped.6-gun with SL on level 6 ,big head pushing 30psi, K+N FIPK,
monster exaust, factory tires, fuel filter had about 4000 miles on it.
truck has 55,000 on it.:mad:

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think your good. Those aren't bad, check out what my buddy did with the edge. You have similar set ups minus the exhaust. He's pushing about 24 psi. The think the tranny is what compliments the numbers.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I think your good. Those aren't bad, check out what my buddy did with the edge. You have similar set ups minus the exhaust. He's pushing about 24 psi. The think the tranny is what compliments the numbers.
Yep, that new tranny is MUCH more effecient.

·
Registered
78 Posts
So what is the best stack with the 6-gun? predator,or would a Duramaximizer
help.they dynoed my truck in 5th gear, the truck fuels hard up to 5th and then
backs off I beleive the box is defuling , but my trans likes it:)

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm new to the whole dyno scene, but I was told to turn off 5th. I ran through 4th in T/H mode. I am not sure about stacking with Duramximizer. You should run a search and see what turns up.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I dynoed 432 hp 791 tq with 6 gun stacked with a hypertech on level one, big head waste gate, 4" exhaust, K&N filter with the stock tranny in 4th. If you slip the tranny with the edge or six gun it back's the power down, so if you have a built tranny you could see higher #'s on the dyno.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts