Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw an ad for Banks Ram-Air cold air intake. Anyone have opinions and if you know does it need much retro work to install?

·
Registered
31,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
431 Posts
Jaybee;1550561; said:
It's an easy 1 hour install. So easy a cave man can do it. :)

Jim
:exactly: I have one on my truck and so far I am very happy with it. I did notice a little bit of a power gain but I don't belive that you will get the advertised HP, which I belive is 39 ( with the tuner ) There is no cutting or modifing of anything it is very simple, just read the directions and follow them and you should have no problem.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Jaybee;1550561; said:
It's an easy 1 hour install. So easy a cave man can do it. :)

Jim

·
Registered
612 Posts
Notice any louder turbo whine?

·
Registered
481 Posts
otis;1549951; said:
Just saw an ad for Banks Ram-Air cold air intake. Anyone have opinions and if you know does it need much retro work to install?
I'll bet you have a friend close by that would be happy to help:D

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
I'd save your money...i installed the volant ram air kit...i did get a little louder turbo whistle...but i can think of a few things i would have rather spent the money on...

·
Registered
388 Posts
Otis; It is very easy to instal the system but I would think twice about buying it. I have the sysetm on my truck and the only reason for that is the fact that they wanted 30% restocking fee for it!!!. I had the system in the box for only 3 days. I had my stock air box cut and I removed the tray underneat before I bought the Banks system when I bought the system and saw that the whole improving the flow is based on removing the tray and othet minor stuff, I believe the gain from banks is nothing or minimal, I have not felt any difference with my modified stock box. All been said, I have not dyno'd my truck before and after. By the way, I really dislike the location of MAF on Banks system, I feel it cause kind of streck on the wiring.
Good luck

·
Registered
388 Posts
I haven't check on the banks yet since I just have it for 3-4 weeks but when I had my stock box cut out, the filter would get dirtier faster but I never had moisure problem even in rainy days. The dirt was not big pieces or anything like that either.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I have a banks...... get a volant or just as well, swiss cheese the stock box.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sorry, but I though there was no need for an intake till your rig has 400hp??????

·
Registered
992 Posts
The cooler the air the better. it always helps. 1* of intake air change contributes 3 * to EGT's.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.