Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody tried either one of these on their LMM?I want a programmer for mpg more than anything else and I dont want to mess with the warranty for now.Once I hit 100k the dpf comes off for sure though!!

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
We have sent out several Extreme Pucks, but I havent heard anything back. If you dont want to mess with the warranty, this is a good route to go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is involved in installing the Diablo?I looked on their website and did not find the instructions to download.It seems like it is geared towards mileage more than just performance and its about half the price of the Ottomind.I would just like to find some real world feedback.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
The install is rather easy, it goes to the MAP sensor and the fuel pressure sensor. I dont have any real seat time with one so I cant say for sure how well it does. If you are interested in trying one, shoot me a PM and Ill let you try one out at a discounted price so you can report back your results. If you like it, keep it, if not, you can return it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The fuel pressure sensor is a little pain in the a$$.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have been wondering the same thing. Somebody please answer, the suspense is killing me. I want to buy the diablo but the lack of feedback is scaring me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think that I am going to take Nate up on his generous offer on the Diablo.If so I will do some real world testing and post the results.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
The reason the puck is only hooking into the ICP is that it's only affecting the rail pressure and not much else. By comparison the Economind (the Ottomind has been discontinued) alters rail pressure, pulse width, and injection timing. It will adjust the output based on EGT's, boost pressure, and transmission condition. This not only gives an improvment in fuel economy from 10%-20% but also allows it to add 100hp extra and still be tow safe. The system can be used by itself (knob control) or use our PDA and/or our new Speed Brake system as well.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The Diablo stuff is hard on your injectors. Too much pressure for daily driving. You will eventually lose an injector. Stick w/ something that does timing and duration for a daily driving truck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts