Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of getting a cat back for my 07 D-max.
I want better flow to lower EGT but I don't want it to be loud inside the cab. Also I want single outlet not dual.
Any thoughts on what is the better system?
The Banks is around 550 and I think the MBRP is close the the same price.
Thanks

·
Registered
226 Posts
Check out Pinnacle Power exhaust. I think we can save you some money. Thanks, Jerod

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
the banks is the quietest system i think and it is very high quality

·
Registered
550 Posts
4" MBRP on my '02 LB7 and really like it. sounds great at all speeds and is fairly quiet in cab.

·
Registered
958 Posts
My Banks is only 6 months old and is all rusty and it was really quiet untill I put a MBRP down pipe on it. The down pipe is not rusty at all.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Banks

edinning;1626810; said:
I am thinking of getting a cat back for my 07 D-max.
I want better flow to lower EGT but I don't want it to be loud inside the cab. Also I want single outlet not dual.
Any thoughts on what is the better system?
The Banks is around 550 and I think the MBRP is close the the same price.
Thanks
I just spoke with someone tonight at Banks, I'm sold on the Banks. Just look at their history, they have endless resources, speed records, their products are superior. Prices are about the same at most online stores, etc. Go with the cat-back 409 stainless system, then add on air intake then module. (my opinion) I'll be ordering a system this Spring. :D
Good luck :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have had 2 PSD with Banks kits and was very happy with Banks.
But I was just looking at my options. The biggist concern for me is the in cab noise. I don't want it much louder than the OE.
I had a Borla on my 03 D-Max and it was too loud for me.
The Banks and MBRP make there exhaust from 304 SS. The 304 gets surface rust just like the OE.

Cloughm- What did adding the MBRP down pipe do?

·
Registered
958 Posts
Cloughm- What did adding the MBRP down pipe do?
Adding the down pipe got ride of the cat which made it sound way better. Added power without a doubt and increased the MPG by 1-2. When I first put the banks cat back I could hardly hear it. If I did it over I would go with all MBRP.

·
Registered
260 Posts
edinning;1627440; said:
Are there any known problems from removing the cat?
Without adding a fingerstick, you may throw EGR codes. Otherwise warranty and emissions problems could be there.

·
Registered
958 Posts
My truck only throws a code if I have my Bully dog set on extreme and get up to about 90mph, then it sometimes trips the check engine. I had some warrenty work done at the dealer and they didn't say anything about. The only way to get busted on emmisions would be in a state like California. Who knows I guess you could get checked by a trooper. I'm not too worried about it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have had the banks single cat back for a year now. I like it!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.