Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Both have good mechanical equipement but what puts Heath ahead is he still services his customers.

I installed a Banks turbo years ago on my 87 Sub and initially had great service from Banks but over time I noticed, as thier original staff left the, service dropped off quite rapidly.

·
Registered
595 Posts
The only thing I’ve seen from banks for the 6.5 is an expensive exhaust system. Heath’s turbo-master is working great for me and I will be getting his 2.0 chip soon. Opening the exhaust is important, but you can probably find a local muffler shop to set you up for a fraction of the cost of the kits I’ve seen on the internet. If you haven’t already, relocate the PMD/FSM before modification, I moved mine into the grill Where its been working great 25 bucks in intake manifold gaskets and 5 bucks for the heat shrink, wire and solder.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
None of the muffler shops around here can bend anything bigger that 3". You need at least 3-1/2"

I have heard of modifying stock Duramax and Powerstroke exhaust systems to fit. A local exhaust shop might have some take off systems.

Or sometimes there are cheap 4" kits on ebay.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Go to an exhaust shop that services semi- trucks they can make you an exhaust up to 8" if you want.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Only a bigrig exhaust shop would have the need for the big mandrels and exhaust pipe. The down pipe can be made out of a 3" x ?" collector mig welded onto the mandrel bent pipe, unless you can flange it yourself. From the down pipe back You could get 5", 6", 8".

I'm using 3" pipe and I'm already wondering if 4" wouldn't be better.

·
Registered
595 Posts
dieselconcepts.com offers a 4" downpipe for $189 which seems steep for the downpipe alone, but if you don't have local access you might want to check them out.

·
Registered
5,166 Posts
Matt, I searched for dieselconcepts.com and found nothing. Any more details?

·
Registered
584 Posts
I have dealt with several vendors and have had good luck with all. I really like Heath, Bill is very willing to share his wealth of knowlege and sells good stuff and stands behind his product. I WILL buy more things from Heath.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Dieselconcepts.com is apparently no more can't access web site and no answer at the 1- 800 number.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts