Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant decide on what performance chip to buy.

A Banks Six Gun with Speed Loader or an Edge Juice with Attitude.

The Banks has more hp and more torque but the edge is a better deal.

·
Registered
445 Posts
how much power does the six gun with loader put out? My hot j/a is putting out 150... I really like it by the way.. :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
banks

porterz;1599988; said:
how much power does the six gun with loader put out? My hot j/a is putting out 150... I really like it by the way.. :D

The Banks will put out 529hp and 1059 torque with the speed loader on my truck. It has a 155hp jump and a 385 torque jump over stock. It dosnt have and gauges so i would have to buy them. The total cost for the Banks would be like $950. I here the Edge is a really good deal. So i might get it.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Wow.. thats on par with PPE.. I only run both so that when not on full blown rice rocket killer... I can read gauges.. and adjust on fly when in lower levels on ppe.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
You must have an LBZ to make that much with just the banks but sounds inflaited. Or thats at the flywheel and still sounds inflaited.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I was thinking similar personally.. but didn't want to dispute it. I had heard from everyone that the PPE was second only to possibly EFI.. and not even sure on that.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
For a single hand held programmer off the shelf ppe is king at 500 rwhp. For custom tunning efi is the way.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
paganizondadude;1600031; said:
The Banks will put out 529hp and 1059 torque with the speed loader on my truck. It has a 155hp jump and a 385 torque jump over stock. It dosnt have and gauges so i would have to buy them. The total cost for the Banks would be like $950. I here the Edge is a really good deal. So i might get it.
U sure about that?...Most LB7s are approx. 250-260 rwhp stock...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Neens;1600085; said:
U sure about that?...Most LB7s are approx. 250-260 rwhp stock...
I was going off the factory HP and torque. 300 hp and 520 torque. I am not going to belive that the hp is 250-260 untill i see one dynoed myself.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Great selling point but true...no. With the right air flow improvements?? Maybe with an aftermarket turbo you can acheive those numbers with banks but no one I've ever heard of dyoned at over 500 at the wheels with only banks. Think the most I've seen was around 420.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Fantastic material

Thanks for the links, but I still think 529hp-155hp=374hp

Maybe your truck is a major over-achiever :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SteveFord;1600097; said:
Great selling point but true...no. With the right air flow improvements?? Maybe with an aftermarket turbo you can acheive those numbers with banks but no one I've ever heard of dyoned at over 500 at the wheels with only banks. Think the most I've seen was around 420.

My truck also has an intake and an exhaust. That might be a part of it too. I was just adding up the numbers.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
There is nothing wrong with banks stuff. Your exhaust and intake dynoed by others on here are not any real power gains but to help lower egts and when you make big power these items show better gains. For gauges the edge is the way to go. Also you can update to the hot juice if you want more power and plenty of people have made 420+ at the wheels with that with a good tranny.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Neens;1600098; said:
Thanks for the links, but I still think 529hp-155hp=374hp

Maybe your truck is a major over-achiever :rolleyes:
Ya sure. It has a stage 1 chip, exhaust and intake right now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i redid the numbers

My truck right now has about 674 torque and 374hp.

With the Edge Juice w/ Attitude it would have 449 hp and 899 torque.
UNLOCK= 474hp and 924 torque.

The Banks w/ Speedloader would give it 479hp and 959 torque.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
:Nothing_f

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have driven with both and own a banks system, and the banks has much smoother power, just hit it and your gone. You will hardly feel the shifts they are firm not mushy like the edge. My experience and .02

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BNKSPWRDDMAX;1600154; said:
I have driven with both and own a banks system, and the banks has much smoother power, just hit it and your gone. You will hardly feel the shifts they are firm not mushy like the edge. My experience and .02
So the Banks is better. Ive here that the Edge is the better way to go on performance chips.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
paganizondadude;1600161; said:
So the Banks is better. Ive here that the Edge is the better way to go on performance chips.
I preferred the Six Gun over the Juice on my LLY, haven't tried either on the LB7...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts