Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen one of these in a mag ad, looked like box, tube, and lid with a tube on top going somewhere. Does anyone have any knowledge about it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I orderd one on thursday, I'll let you now when I get it.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
About a year back or so, I was down there at BANKS and talked to them. They informed me that they were not going to get into the whole "air intake" thing cuz everyone and their mother is making one. Also, they informed my that they test all their systems with the stock box but use a K&N drop in filter replacement.

Get some pics up when you can.

·
Registered
9 Posts
just recieved it and installed today, but I have not driven the truck yet.
Seems really well fit and high quality and the air filter is huge.

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
So where does it pull air from? Is this true Ram air?

·
Registered
489 Posts
So where in the plastic box does it chill the hot air down for the engine?
Can not see any insulation.Or what
Denboy

·
Registered
434 Posts
I ran across this last night on the Banks web site - looks like a good system. Hope it works well for you. I think most of these after-market kits are an improvement over the stock system. Let us know your thoughts on it after a few miles.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Would you mind telling us what you paid for it?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Would you mind telling us what you paid for it?
I have an interest in this box it looks pretty good,i called for a price today and its a whopping 4million and 29 bucks from banks.$429.00.Guess they are stayin ahead of the top dog in the CAI war.:(

I will wait for a report from Jeeper and see whats up!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
quote from banks...

an additional +39 hp and +69 lb-ft (with tuner)!

·
Registered
592 Posts
it looks nice but still seams like a fance stock set up it looks like it gets air from the same place that the stock one does from what i can see

·
Registered
992 Posts
Any other news on this?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Any other news on this?
Nope,not at all...wish sumone would chime in,i was lookin a few minutes ago at the terrible job GM did on the supply air for the airbox-:t its not getting any real outside air at all.....kinda makes the volant idea of the bottom snorkel look like a not too bad of an idea.I think modification is definately needed.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Well I said screw it and ordered one. It looks like a better kit than the others too me. Ill let ya know when it gets here.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Over hyped & probably pricey like anything else from them, stick with the stock intake.
I suppose now you'll say that their claim of +39hp and +69lb-ft is over hyped also? Of course, I'll have to buy one to complete my Banks truck. Let's see, +155hp (Six-Gun w/Speedloader), +18hp (Monster exhaust) and +39hp (Ram Air intake) should put me at 512hp. Now to be serious, it does like like a nice system, and I'll probably swap out my Volant intake for this come this spring.:cool:

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Jeeper, what kind of difference does it make? Louder? Power?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I suppose now you'll say that their claim of +39hp and +69lb-ft is over hyped also? Of course, I'll have to buy one to complete my Banks truck. Let's see, +155hp (Six-Gun w/Speedloader), +18hp (Monster exhaust) and +39hp (Ram Air intake) should put me at 512hp. Now to be serious, it does like like a nice system, and I'll probably swap out my Volant intake for this come this spring.:cool:[/quote

Are you not happy with the volant or are you just lookin for a better mousetrap?:lol:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.