Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I was at Irwindale Drag strip last thursday and a Guy from Banks approached me about using my Truck (LBZ Reg Cab) to engineer an exhaust system. Since he was nice and he seemed sincere I called him back, and lo and behold my Truck is over there now. From what he said they already had the kit for the CC and EC trucks and he just needed to know the differences in the Regular Cab. They will have it for 2 days and I will drive out with a 4" stainless exaust with a polished double wall 5" tip. I think it will be a Cat Back based on what I have seen on their web site. Plus they gave me a rental car. He took me through the race shop to show me the ram air intake kit for the LBZ. I was very impressed with the shop and I like that intake kit. It feeds from the bottom and they are working on a feed tube assembly to make it a functional Ram Air. I think it is separate from the kit though. Their facility and the race shop looked very well organised and clean.
Now I have a delima since I already ordered a MBRP 5" turbo back exaust through a friend. He is getting me a killer deal and I don't want to back out of that deal. Plus I really wanted 5".
I already ordered and paid for one of the first AFE Stge 2 intake kits to be drop shipped to me. BUT, after seeing that Banks intake kit first hand, I would certainly consider it. In some ways I like not being able to see the filter and I like the way the air comes into the air box. And when you add that ram air tube it will be trick.
Like many on this site, I have never been a big fan of Banks. But for certain things I think they would be OK. The exhaust looks great(I saw examples). We'll see what mine looks like when I get it back Friday.

Attachments

·
Registered
464 Posts
Way to go!! Talk about the right place at the Right time!!!:ro) :ro)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Awesome that you were there and met up with that guy. As you know I am in R.C. also and when I went to banks for my stuff I had them do the install on the wastegate only. They were very proffesional and courteous. I still ahve not figured out why so many on this site specifically do not like Banks. I wonder was it an authorized dealer that screwed them or if it was Banks directly. I have called them beck for a few questions over the past couple of years and they will even let you talk with the shop manager and techs. As you can see in my sig. My truck runs very well with the Banks stuff, so no complaints from me. Let me know when the next track day in Fontana is and I will try to make it.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Banks exhaust and wastgates are nearly universally approved of here.

The chip and some of their other gadgets are not so well thought of because of the hype in the advertising and their cable infomercials. Over promising and under delivering is not a good way to present yourself even when the products do deliver to some degree.

The new intake looks like it might be a winner though. Wait and see I guess.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Irwindale T&T

Gotbanks, the next Irwindale T&T is on the 23rd. I should be there as I will have the exaust and I also have the bullydog PowerPup. I want to see if I can improve my times. I am not totally happy with it (PowerPup)but I will run it down the 1/8th a couple times and see. I think that letter sent to me from GM/Allison hit the nail on the head. I think the motor makes more power than is being reported to the trans and therefore it is slipping unnessarily during upshifts. It was crazy/slipping when I first installed the BullyDog and the trans learned pretty quickly but I don't think it has the ability to completely adjust/compensate for the increased power output.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Must be a SoCal thing.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe he misspelled it......SCHWANG!

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
You mean Schwing? As in "Hey badda, hey badda, hey badda, .....schwingggg badda!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Shwag means "FREE SH*T...

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Oh. All the tradeshows I have attended and I never heard that term used for the "Stuff We All Get" (SWAG or SchWAG) promotional give-aways. (or if I did hear it I didn't know what the person was talking about.)

Cool

·
Registered
279 Posts
I've heard it as Shwag when referring to one of the announcers on Monster Garage. Different meaning? is his nickname based on swag?
Feebee, zip nada, zilch.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Nope, Trippen has been watching too much "Monster Garage!" Schwag stands for "swag", or - freebies, goodies, prizes, parts, etc.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Cheap *** weed is what it means.

·
Registered
59 Posts
yep cheap *** weed lol. not speaking from experiance or anything.):h

·
Registered
383 Posts
Shwag