Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi is the banks monster exhaust with a afe intake any good?
what other exhaust and intake systems are good... lookin for good power and not to noisy in the cab...
does anybody know how the banks sounds?

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Its an allright exhaust, I like my buddies MBRP better, alittle louder but better quality. Stock intake does just fine with a paper filter, save the money for something else.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
ek98,

We can save you some cost by going with the MBRP and as the poll shows it is by far the most popular system for the Duramax members here. Call us and we'll help you with the MBRP and the AFE systems.

Mark @ DPPI

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just put on Banks cat back duals along with the BD manifold. I also run an AFE intake. The Banks is just slightly louder than stock, most noticable at low RPM. The was a noticable improvement in power along with a slight improvement in gas mileage. I went back and forth on either the Banks or MBRP (most popular in this site). I wasn't looking for an increase in sound. In the end, it came down to $$$. The Banks came with tips and a lifetime warranty for around $700. Everything was well packed and I had it installed in about 2 hours in my garage.

Katoom

05 LLY, AFE Magnum Stage 2, Banks Duals

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've got the Banks exhaust(3 days old) and the Airaid intake. Definite improvement over stock. Stock paper filter and system is to restrictive to me. Exhaust is just a bit louder than stock in the cab, but the engine spools up a whole lot better. I wish somebody would post a picture of a stock muffler cut-away view. Saw one once and was totally amazed at how restrictive it is. Just my 2bits.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
The Banks is the quietest. Others like MBRP and Silverline give you options in stainless steel quality by offering 409 and 304 grades. The Banks is 409. The 304 will not tarnish and can be polished like chrome. The least expensive is not the Banks. Lots of reading here if you do the search, or call one of us vendors and we would be happy to discuss all your options. We carry all of the above.

Mark

·
Registered
127 Posts
ek98 I have the complete Banks sys on my truck. The exhaust is great and I now see that Banks offers their system with the (front pipe). If your going to get an exhaust sys get the whole enchilada (front pipe) The Banks does have some noise to it between 55-60 mph but you really cant hear it unless the radio is off. I like my exhaust just need to get the front pipe so it will whistle even louder and lower EGT's even lower.

Shawn

·
Registered
108 Posts
Have had the Banks cat back on for about a month. The sound is about the same as stock. Have not checked mileage yet. Does feel a bit stronger off the line.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The banks has a tendency to drone between 55-65 and can get annoying after awhile. Took mine off and replaced with corsa, no drone and sounds better also.:)

·
Registered
561 Posts
ek98 I have the complete Banks sys on my truck. The exhaust is great and I now see that Banks offers their system with the (front pipe). If your going to get an exhaust sys get the whole enchilada (front pipe) The Banks does have some noise to it between 55-60 mph but you really cant hear it unless the radio is off. I like my exhaust just need to get the front pipe so it will whistle even louder and lower EGT's even lower.

Shawn
Yeah, all you have to do is get the Banks Monster Exhaust for a 2003 and you're all set as it is downpipe back.

If you already have the cat-back, you can just get the front pipe and it bolts right in where the cat is now (like you said).

I've not been able to find anything that states there is a federal requirement for cats on a diesel, so unless your state requires it (like probably California) then you should be fine.

Besides, are there any states that do emissions test on diesels?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.