Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, the title may sound a bit corny, but it's really the best way to phrase what I need to know. I already talked with Banks, but wasn't really satisfied with the explanation and wasn't sure I understood it much better after the conversation.

So what I need is somebody who feels they have a handle on this particular tuner to explain how to best utilize it. I tow a fifth wheel that pushing the tow capacity of my truck and thus the reason for adding the tuner and an exhaust brake. I also added the 4" exhaust, air intake, and the Bighead wastegate.

I have talked with the boys over at Merchant Auto, which is just miles from where I live and they recommended that I not run the tuner over level 4 as the Allison 1000 might start dropping into limp mode if power increases were too radical. That coincides with a highlighted note in the Banks manual that recommends not running the system over level 4 with automatic transmissions. The guy at Merchant actually suggested that if I was climbing long steep grades to run in stock mode which confuses me. I thought that you would want to be running in a higher tuner mode to increase torque, etc. in mountains.

Anyone care to wade in one this? Thx.

Reactions: BamaDoubleT

·
Registered
3 Posts
Following.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts