Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All i can say is wow....:ro) and i aint tried to tweek it yet. I got it installed and went around the corner. I can't believe what a difference it made. The tires were emitting white smoke to blend with all the black smoke. But i would like some feedback before i tweek this. I am at 6 turns now. When should i look for my max boost reading? Hard to say but i think i'm only at 26 - 28 now. (I was busy looking at the smoke). ):h My Autometer Cobalt reads to 35 psi. Thanks in advance for all fedback.

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Moved to the proper forum

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
i said the banks gave quicker spoolup, hope it works out, i spike to around 34psi, done it for years, 7 turns

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
A wastegate can not give quicker spool up. A wastegate isn't doing a thing until the pre set boost level is met in which case it activates.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Im getting 32 psi in 5th gear WOT...taken with a SD manifold

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im getting 32 psi in 5th gear WOT...taken with a SD manifold
I did a fifth gear WOT this AM and peaked at 28psi. Thanks DURATY, that was the information i was looking for.(when to get peak reading). I wasn't too clear in my first post. I am going to crank it once more this weekend. I lost some smoke :( effects, but i think the trade off should be more HP and efficientcy am I right?

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I took a ride in Tony's truck when I went to the Northeast GTG and his guage stayed at 30psi through all the shifts. I'd like to adjust mine like that.

Nick

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
I did a fifth gear WOT this AM and peaked at 28psi. Thanks DURATY, that was the information i was looking for.(when to get peak reading). I wasn't too clear in my first post. I am going to crank it once more this weekend. I lost some smoke :( effects, but i think the trade off should be more HP and efficientcy am I right?

You bet the smoke your leaving is unburned fuel.....clear that up as best you can and you will make more power. Keep boost pressure below 34 PSI and you should be OK :ro)

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
I took a ride in Tony's truck when I went to the Northeast GTG and his guage stayed at 30psi through all the shifts. I'd like to adjust mine like that.

Nick

Its not the Big Head thats retaining boost on the shift. That comes from the tuning:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.