Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Install on the Juice/Attitude is well documented on this site. Sounds like a great unit The cost for JA is $750-$950 depending on the vendor and includes the thermocouple probe and the attitude for control and gauges. What is needed for the Banks 6 Gun installation? Does the B6 come with a thermcouple? Are additional gauges going to to be needed particularly if it is upgraded to the Speed Loader. Banks price is $600 but what else will be needed to compelte the install? What is the final cost? Any idea on how simple or quick the B6 can be removed to take to a dealer for service?

Mousedvm 04 2500HD SLE lby CC SB Westin Rhino Fold a Cover Banks Monster Exhaust, shopping for more power....

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
NO NO NO No No no No No No No No.

NICKTANE

PRIMROSE

SUNCOAST

EDGE

BLACK SMOKE

THAT IS ALL YOU WILL EVER NEED TO KNOW!

NO POINT IN EVEN ALLOWIN NEW POST. IT HAS ALL ALREADY BEEN DONE OR SAID HERE ON THIS SITE. JUST GO REREAD PAST POST! DONT TALK BAD ABOUT GM! DON'T EVER TALK ABOUT A CLASS ACTION. THERE ARE ALWAYS FORDS DODGES AND HYBIRDS IF YOU DONT LIKE OUR RULES! DYONOS RULE OVER STREET PERFORMANCE AND BLACK SMOKE RULES ALL! Just remember we all could be disrespectful, some of us just choose not to do it so often!

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
oh stop

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got the 6 gun with speed loader, came with high quality thermocouple, dash switch, no gauges for $674.

As far as removal, wiring harness thru the firewall, plugs into factory harness on the engine, all must be similar to each other in this regard.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Sound more like he took an overdose of the ENZYTE stuff he raves so much about.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Not to mention...if he is a user...he must get on the computer after he takes it....529 posts and been here 40 days.....someone definetly isn't reaping the benefits of the medication.

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
BIG DIPPER said:
Not to mention...if he is a user...he must get on the computer after he takes it....529 posts and been here 40 days.....someone definetly isn't reaping the benefits of the medication.

Holy Cow!

What a motor mouth.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I just installed the Banks Six-Gun w/speed loader on my Duramax, along with the Banks Monster exhaust. It's a very high quality unit, but slower than what I thought it would run empty. I've ran 15.15 with a Bullydog stage 3 and 15.45 with a Hypertech. I've ran 15.20 with the Six-Gun on Stage 6 (155hp, 385tq). The reason-the Banks Six-Gun cuts the power before shift points, which is good for the tranny, but not good for time-slips. The damn thing isn't coming off now, though. Can anyone tell me how to bypass the speed limiter on the 2001 model. NOBODY ELSE KNOWS!

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
Does the 6-gun cut the fuel every time or is dependent apon monitored slip? Would it run faster in a truck with a stout transmission? Dis-claimer These are serious questions and are not iluding to anything!

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
scotty wrote

"I've ran 15.20 with the Six-Gun on Stage 6 (155hp, 385tq). The reason-the Banks Six-Gun cuts the power before shift points, which is good for the tranny, but not good for time-slips. The damn thing isn't coming off now, though. Can anyone tell me how to bypass the speed limiter on the 2001 model."

call steve cole at ttspowersystems.com he can fix it with a ecm reprogram

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
The Six-Gun monitors the transmission and before every shift will limit the power delivered. You can actually feel it, but it's quite smooth. It monitors slip also, but this will only occur pulling heavy loads. Actually, the way the Six-Gun works, I can't see the tranny ever slipping, unless it gets really warm. It really is a good unit, I just expected a faster truck with 455hp and 905tq. Oh, well.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I would too.........maybe what we have been saying might be more believeable.........hot juice is good for the mid 14,s and that is 125 over 240 rwhp stock

1 - 13 of 13 Posts