Diesel Place banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i bought the 6 gun and speed loader and was wondering the approximate time it takes to install both of those? thanks

·
Registered
16,973 Posts
Depends on your mechanical ability.. Installation time varies, but should be 1 or 2 if that much and how you run the wires, etc..

Also, should have posted this in the Third Gen Electronics... Sure they will move it for you..

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
hi i bought the 6 gun and speed loader and was wondering the approximate time it takes to install both of those? thanks

I would say about 2 hr. max. if you take your time. The longest time would be cutting the gromet hole & fishing the wires through that. Then drilling & tapping the hole for the probe. Try to get a buddy to help pull the wires through the gromet hole on the inside. Remember to start your truck when you start drilling. Then the metal shaving will be blown out.

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Where're you putting your switch? When I had the sixgun I had it next to the steering column in the little blank spot on the bezel to the right of the cargo/fog switches.

Install should be an hr or so; you can get through the grommet in the firewal pretty easily with a coathanger loop- make a piece of coathanger wire into a "U" shape so it's easy to pull back through.

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
So you got the turn knob instead of the pda? Do you have gauges already? The pda is really sweet. You get performance test, gauges & can scan & clear codes. I have the universal window mount to go with it. It is worth the little extra you have to pay for the universal mount, if you do ever add the pda. You also do not have to drill holes in your dash then.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I would recommend taking the extra time to remove the fender plastic and take the manifold completely off. makes it easier to tap, and gives you the reassurance that you got every little piece of metal out of the manifold.

·
¡ʎɹoʇs ɟo puǝ ¡ǝɯosʍɐ ɯI
2,307 Posts
I would recommend taking the extra time to remove the fender plastic and take the manifold completely off. makes it easier to tap, and gives you the reassurance that you got every little piece of metal out of the manifold.

X2 on that, the hoot method might work for some, but it took me at best 1 hour, to remove the manifold, tap and reinstall, and i was going slow, to make sure it was done right, and had no problems. Get a panel removal tool and it will make taking that plastic well off, so much easer.

·
Registered
94 Posts
For those of you that have removed your manifold: How did you remove the flange bolts on the left hand side of the manifold? I have done it twice, but man I struggle with one bolt. I usually use a short wrench with a chain run over the top of the tire, then I use a pry par to pry against the tire and pull on the chain, and it eventually comes loose, but what a pita.

Jon

·
Registered
538 Posts
i dont remember, i didnt have much trouble at all, getting them back in was a little tough lining up the gasket and everything but i either used a wrech or a short socket.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I've drilled out several manifolds for egt probes without removing them. I just used a small magnetic pick up tool to get the shavings out after drilling and the stuck the tap into grease to hold onto the shavings when cutting threads. No problems at all and saves the hassle of removing the manifold.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Try worrying about a broke bit in the manifold only about the first 1/2 inch or so been like that for about 25000 miles no problems eventually I will take the manifold off and take the crap of hoping it is still in there!

·
Registered
220 Posts
For those of you that have removed your manifold: How did you remove the flange bolts on the left hand side of the manifold? I have done it twice, but man I struggle with one bolt. I usually use a short wrench with a chain run over the top of the tire, then I use a pry par to pry against the tire and pull on the chain, and it eventually comes loose, but what a pita.

Jon
X2 I had a rough time getting that bolt out allso. I finally trippled up open end wrenched untill i got it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts