Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1997 GMC K3500 dually 4L80 4x4
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a picture of the original water pump and the balanced flow water pump. Looks like the impeller is a little closer fitting, and the passages are a bit smaller in volume. I'm also installing the fan, clutch and bypass reducer fitting. I was curious of the differences on the inside. I'll report my new temps after I get some trips on her.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive design

·
Registered
12 Posts
Interesting. For some reason I never thought about laying them down next to each other... Thanks. If I remember by tomorrow, I will still do so.

·
Premium Member
1995 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 6.5 TD
643 Posts
Here's a picture of the original water pump and the balanced flow water pump. Looks like the impeller is a little closer fitting, and the passages are a bit smaller in volume. I'm also installing the fan, clutch and bypass reducer fitting. I was curious of the differences on the inside. I'll report my new temps after I get some trips on her. View attachment 651811
Exactly the balanced flow impeller is closer to the case than the standard water pump and I believe it is made from Billet. It is made that way to push more water. With the BFR if you have a dual stat crossover the water is balanced to the radiator and to the heads. FlowKooler Water Pumps. Check them out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts