Diesel Place banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how to tell if the injectors are on the way out? I have a Predator and have checked the balance rates, but I am not sure exactly what is good/bad as far as reading the numbers go.

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
Balance rates will not get you new injectors under the special policy, unless the dealer is unknowing.

Also the balance rates can be out due to other things, like crud blocking the inlet to the injectors, or cracked injector..ect...I Think if I read right

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
and on top of everything else they can change dramatically from 1 hour to the next depending on who knows what conditions.

however if they go bad, you'll know

·
Registered
994 Posts
"I was wondering how to tell if the injectors are on the way out?"

You need to measure the return flow rate from each cylinder bank. You cannot measure this with a scan tool

Also, check to see if you can maintain approximately 160 MPa rail pressure. You can measure this with a scan tool during a hard acceleration.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I guess i will just keep driving and not worry about it for now. Just tapping a little louder lately had me wondering. I agree you know when they are going out especially when pulling 16,000 lbs. and you glance down and see almost 10 lbs or less of oil pressure..I want to spare the motor from that experience again, she's tough but I don't know about twice?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts