Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have Read About Balance Rates Saying Under 6 or Better 4, Are These Numbers Looked in Park or Driving Down The Road And What Is The Diff. Between The Two Reading, Should They Be The Same?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
In my case I've done it with it warm at idle and in park. I'm not sure if my Predator is totally accurate but when in gear or moving it only reads 0.82mm at the balance rates. At idle I get a little variance all across the board.

You should probably post this is Eric's Ask Dmaxallitech section for a more precise and knowledgeable answer.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Mine is .82 in drive, But All Over The Place In Park I think It Has Something To Do With My idle setting I'm Having it checked on friday

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What Happen Was Went To CT>DYNO DAY And Some one Try To Adjust My High idle Settings And Messed Up My Idle Speed Truck Was Set for 675rpm factory. He Was Using Tech 2 and it would only be set at 650 or 700 with tech 2 so idle is hunting between 650 & 700 computer has to reset to factory setting with newer tech 2 to 675

Making My Balance all over the place i was just checking to see were everyone is checking thiers in park or driving

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Checked in park at curb idle, as told ..... Yes, they will jump all over to "balance" a smooth idle, in spec .....

Negative means it's pulling fuel away, positive adding .... It's a good indication of injector performance for the technician ....

My curb idle will fluctuate from 636 to 642 up down never just constant .... You don't want to see my balance rate ....

Mac

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Mac, still lookin for a big black dooly to pull in to my bay for some injectors!

GM original spec is 4.0 +/-, now it is 6.0. I think that is too high but I am not the finance people. If one is above 3.0 and I have to go into that side of the engine anyways, its getting replaced. The injectors only balance at idle, off idle they do not balance.
Eric

1 - 8 of 8 Posts